We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget hotels/BB in London, places to visit...

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
74 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Budget hotels/BB in London, places to visit...

I am visiting London from 30th June - 7th July... will be in London for 7 days.

I need some recommendation on budget hotels/BB around Euston Station.

Besides Buckingham Palace... any other castles around London that are worth to visit by train or tube?

Can I go for a day trip to Greenwich, Stonehenge from London?

Thank you in advance for your help and assistant.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,260 reviews
from US$127.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
457 reviews
from US$105.70*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,086 reviews
from US$150.00*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$302.10*
US$335.60
1. Re: Budget hotels/BB in London, places to visit...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2016, 17:00
Edited: 24 September 2016, 17:00
Plymouth
Level Contributor
2,778 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget hotels/BB in London, places to visit...

Greenwich is easy to reach from central London, and is a very attractive and interesting place to go. The best way to travel is by Clipper boat from various piers in central London, there is one near Big Ben. The boat journey is a treat in itself, and it's very interesting to see the city from the water. You can also get there by bus, or the Docklands Light Railway.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,871 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget hotels/BB in London, places to visit...

Keep in mind that the Tower of London is a castle. Other tour companies for a day trip to Bath and Stonehenge include International Friends, Golden Tours and Evan Evans. You may take the train from London Paddington to Windsor & Eton Central (off peak return fare £10) and from London Waterloo to Hampton Court station as well. No need to book either train in advance. Greenwich is easily reached on the DLR from Tower Gateway station (with Tower Gateway a short walk from the Tower).

Bed and breakfast accommodation is not really available near Euston station, but there are a handful of bed and breakfast type hotels. Late June and early July will be busy so you should book very soon. Consider the Euro Hotel and the Crescent Hotel in Cartwright Gardens. A bit further away are the Jesmond Dene, Alhambra, Macdonald, Meridiana and Crestfield Hotels. There is a Tune Hotel in Gray's Inn Road that may have rooms to suit.

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
74 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget hotels/BB in London, places to visit...

We've booked to stay at the The Westport Inn near Camden.

Looking forward to explore London in June!

Sweden
Level Contributor
249 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Budget hotels/BB in London, places to visit...

Be sure to take Traveller+ advice and visit the Tower.

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
74 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Budget hotels/BB in London, places to visit...

Yes, will visit the Tower of London.

A friend of mine also recommended us to visit Buckingham Palace where public are allow to visit some rooms and places inside the palace. May I know if it is open for visit in June? Where can we get the tickets?

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,317 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Budget hotels/BB in London, places to visit...

The State Rooms at Buckingham are not open until July 27.

Kuching, Malaysia
Level Contributor
74 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Budget hotels/BB in London, places to visit...

Oooohhh no... just a miss on the month that we do not have a chance to visit it this time.

Hope that 1 day we will come back again at the right timing in the month of August/Sept when the State Rooms are opened to visitors.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,317 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Budget hotels/BB in London, places to visit...

You can still visit the State rooms in Windsor Castle:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186419-c157824/Winds…

Illinois
Level Contributor
17,428 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Budget hotels/BB in London, places to visit...

There are actually a lot of castles that can be visited by train from London in a day. However, with only 7 days, I might stick to Hampton Court Palace, Windsor Castle, and the Tower of London. If you do want to do another day trip, there are a lot of threads on the subject. If you would like suggestions, you should mention if you would prefer a ruined castle, a restored castle, or a palace. In my mind, a castle was built for defense and a palace was built to look nice.

Personally, I've been to Dover Castle, Canterbury Castle, Rochester Castle, and the Royal Pavilion in Brighton on (mostly) day trips. There is also Clifford's Tower in York, but I've never been there when it's been open. I'd guess you could also do Cardiff Castle and either Caerphilly or Castle Coch on a long day trip, but we spent the night in Cardiff.