We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London question for early June visit.

Victoria
Level Contributor
193 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
London question for early June visit.

My husband and I will be visiting London in early June. Three of the attractions we intend to see are:

The Royal Mews

Westminster Abbey (Verger's Tour)

Tower of London

My question is whether we should to buy our tickets online before arriving or if we can just buy tickets for these when we are at the attractions?

Strawberry Tours - Free Walking Tours London
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
The English Bus
Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips
Fun London Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
London Black Taxi Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Memphis, TN
Level Contributor
752 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London question for early June visit.

In my experience, there is no problem getting your tickets at the door.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London question for early June visit.

I would always get my tickets online before so that you don't have to queue.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,886 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London question for early June visit.

There is little to no benefit in buying tickets on line for any of the three places you mention. You will pay a booking fee for each which you need not do when buying on the day, and in the case of the Tower you will not be able to use the offers here: www.daysoutguide.co.uk

You *will* need paper Travelcards purchased at a rail station ticket office to use the offers. If you would like to use them, please let us know where you've booked to stay and we can suggest the nearest rail station for purchase of the necessary paper Travelcards.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,104 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London question for early June visit.

I would not book ahead. What if one of you feels poorly, or is more jet-lagged than you expected? You aren't going to save a lot of time booking on-line, but you could feel pressured to drag yourself out somewhere in the morning, when in fact the early afternoon might have suited you better.

And, as TP so rightly says, to take advantage of the 2-4-1 deals, you must buy in person with the appropriate travelcard.

Victoria
Level Contributor
193 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London question for early June visit.

Thankyou for your help, I was hoping we could just purchase on the day buy wasn't sure how busy those places get.

We will be staying near the Earls Court Station. Where would I get the paper tickets so that we can use the 2 for 1 deals?

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,886 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London question for early June visit.

Victoria rail station is the nearest for the requisite paper Travelcards. Should you wish to buy seven day cards, you will need to provide passport size pictures for the free National Rail Photocards that will be made at the station to go with the Travelcards. Photocards are not needed for the purchase of one day cards.

7. Re: London question for early June visit.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 07:17