We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Time to get from Heathrow to King's Cross and catch a train?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Time to get from Heathrow to King's Cross and catch a train?

Hi everyone,

I'm flying into Heathrow from New York/JFK this Saturday. It's my first time in London and I'm a bit nervous. I have an Oyster Card, donated by a travel-savvy friend, and am planning on taking the Tube from Heathrow to King's Cross / St. Pancras.

My flight lands at Heathrow at 9:45AM and I have to catch a Eurostar train to Paris (out of King's Cross) at 14:31PM. Given any potential delay at Customs, I should have time to get there, right? How long does the Tube ride take? Any advice would be so helpful!

Thank you!

Redlands, California
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Time to get from Heathrow to King's Cross and catch a train?

Figure an hour plus to get out of Immigration & Customs, about an hour on the tube, and you should be fine; you need to check in 30 minutes ahead. Oh, unless your flight is delayed, or five jumbo jets land at the same time disgorging thousands of passengers, or there are engineering works on the Underground. Is there some reason you're connecting to Eurostar rather than flying direct to Paris? As you're beginning to see, there are arguments against. . .but you SHOULD be okay.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,731 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Time to get from Heathrow to King's Cross and catch a train?

Should be fine. (Although for future reference it would have been better to add on a flight from LHR. Eurostar is designed to be a city centre to city centre mode of transport).

Assuming you land on time, you should be through Immigration and baggage reclaim around 10.45-11.30am. Tube to Kings Cross about an hour (no planned works on line), walk over to Eurostar departures, 5 minutes. Probably best to find somewhere at St P for lunch before boarding the train (around 13.45-14.00).

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Time to get from Heathrow to King's Cross and catch a train?

I'm taking this route because I was able to get a very inexpensive flight to London - $400 less than the cheapest flight to Paris.

Thank you very much for your response.

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
31,472 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Time to get from Heathrow to King's Cross and catch a train?

< I have to catch a Eurostar train to Paris (out of King's Cross) at 14:31PM. >

They leave from St Pancras

New York City, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Time to get from Heathrow to King's Cross and catch a train?

Is St. Pancras the same place? I was told it was.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,234 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Time to get from Heathrow to King's Cross and catch a train?

They are separate stations next door to each other but served by one tube station.

7. Re: Time to get from Heathrow to King's Cross and catch a train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 05:18