We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Timing Question

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
141 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Timing Question

Our flight was scheduled to land at LGW at 8:45 on a Thursday but VS cancelled the flight and our new flight lands at 7:25. This gives us an extra hour and twenty minutes. There is a Beatles walking tour at 11:00 that I would like to take that leaves from Tottenham Court tube station. From LGW do you think there is enough time to get to our hotel, which is the Rubens, drop our bags and get to Tottenham Court by 11:00? Also I know the Rubens is pretty close to Victoria Station but would it be okay to hail a cab for that short trip? That might save us some time.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Timing Question

Yes I'd say its doable and certainly its ok to hail a cab, its only at the airport they get iffy with short journeys. Its commonplace in the centre.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
141 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Timing Question

Ok. Thanks.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,715 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Timing Question

Victoria to Tottenham Court Road certainly isn't a short journey for a taxi in London. As it is 2 underground trains a taxi will be quite a bit quicker, but make sure you tell the driver that you want the Dominion Theatre as there are road closures which will affect the quickest way for him to take you.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
141 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Timing Question

Thanks for the advice Amos. I was only interested in the taxi from Victoria to the hotel. I'll be taking the tube from Victoria to Tottenham Court Road.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,715 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Timing Question

Because of the one way system round there, taxi from Victoria to The Rubens won't save much time over walking. Taxi to Tottenham Court Road instead of going back to Victoria and then 2 underground trains is a different matter.

6. Re: Timing Question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2014, 05:17