We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best stall at Borough Market

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
416 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best stall at Borough Market

What are people's favourite stalls? I enjoy the oyster stall, the oysters there arre delicious, and having a couple of those is certainly a step up from the normal office lunch! Tjhe venison burger stall is always good too.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best stall at Borough Market

Have never been to Borough Market and would like to give it a try.

Which streets is it on?

Best day of the week to go?

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
681 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best stall at Borough Market

The retail food market is open on Friday afternoons and Saturdays.

It's located between Southwark Street and the Southbank, by London Bridge - see www.boroughmarket.org.uk/locationtext.html

London, UK
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best stall at Borough Market

My current fave is the fudge stall.

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
11,929 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best stall at Borough Market

There is a stall selling fabulous farmhouse Caerphillly and nothing else. Ot the one as you come in selling the best ever Parmesan.

London
Level Contributor
768 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best stall at Borough Market

I like the cider stall.. in the winter a hot mulled cider is wonderful, especially sipped while walking along the river (though best to eat first if you go for a pint!)

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
228 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best stall at Borough Market

I love the gorgeous heaps of colorful produce, and the big wheels of Caerphilly---serious cheese. The fudge stall is definitely worth a stop too.

London
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best stall at Borough Market

theres a really lovely cheese shop just off the market, they let you sample just about everything!

i used to pop in to the market most mornings and get my fruit for work and it was always more expensive on a friday!

the cakes near the olives are really yummy!

borough market also do a charity event which for £5 you can sample loads of breads and jams and scallops and paella!

Western Australia
Level Contributor
150 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best stall at Borough Market

Dees_advice_2006, could you tell me a bit more about the sampling for the charity event they do???

Poole UK
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best stall at Borough Market

Ginger Pig do fantastic rare breed bacon and properly aged beef. Not cheap but worth it for the splurge.

Taipei / London
Level Contributor
79 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best stall at Borough Market

Dee - I didn't that about fruit being more expensive on Fridays - oh I wish things were cheaper on Friday rather than on Saturday. When I can get time off I really enjoy browsing there on Fridays and it's not so crowded!