We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

terror attacks are you concern?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Athens, Greece
1 post
Save Topic
terror attacks are you concern?

I am visiting london in mid july 2013 and i plan to use the public transport system alot,as well as visiting all the tourist attractions museums etc.I am a little concern about the recent terror attack in woolwich.Are there any additional safety mesures in tube,museums,attractions etc or life goes on as usual?

Do you think is better to cancel and come to london maybe next year ?

Level Contributor
3,385 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: terror attacks are you concern?

It's far riskier driving to the airport....

London
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: terror attacks are you concern?

Shuffaluff - on form as ever.

Personally, I would be more worried about being in Greece with the far right nutters.

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
886 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: terror attacks are you concern?

Keep calm and carry on.

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: terror attacks are you concern?

I have lived in and worked around London for the last 30 years. I have been there through some dreadful times. Apart from the IRA bombing of London Bridge station decades ago, when I was on a train approaching the station as it went off, I have never found terrorism threats to be of concern.

The current "threat" caused by idiots allegedly acting in the name of religion is not something that concerns me in the least. I was in central London on Friday, Saturday and will be heading up there later this afternoon. I would not cancell my holiday over this... and I hope you do not either. Come and enjoy our wonderful capital city; it has a justified reputation for being one of the safest cities in the world :)

Edited: 27 May 2013, 13:54
Fredericksburg, VA
Level Contributor
970 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: terror attacks are you concern?

Well, life is a terminal condition. We're all going to die sometime. Might as well enjoy yourself before you get to that point, however it happens!!

We'll be in London in July, so I'm obviously not that worried about terrorist attacks. Behave the way you would if you were going out in Athens - keep your eyes open and pay attention. And don't get run over by a bus.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: terror attacks are you concern?

I think you'll find London is one of the safest cities in the world, there are some cities that it's no longer safe to wear a wedding ring so I wouldn't worry.

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
9,319 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: terror attacks are you concern?

There is a similar thread to this on the Greece forum about travelling to Athens and the answers are saying that you are as safe in Athens as you are in London

rhyl, north wales
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: terror attacks are you concern?

If you don't come then you are giving into these people,

Hope you have a great time

Kent
Level Contributor
2,280 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: terror attacks are you concern?

hmmmm ! With just one contribution the OP seems to have gone very quiet.

Edited: 27 May 2013, 19:47
East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,119 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: terror attacks are you concern?

^^ You are correct Marg001. I'm quite suprised so many experienced responders rose to the bait so quickly and didn't call the OP for the troll they so obviously were.