We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London to Liverpool

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
103 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
London to Liverpool

Hi everyone

I preparing for my upcoming trip to london at the end of june & i need advise from DEs here.

I will reach Heathrow terminal 4 on sat 29/6/2013 @ 7.15am. I've booked a train to liverpool from London Euston station at 9.05am. I just realised that i have less than 2hrs to clear custom, collect baggage & travel to Euston stqtion. I have several question in regards to this plan:

1. In your opinion will i be able to make it?

2. Besides Virgin trains are there any other train that i can take?

3. Will it be easy to get tickets for 2 for the later timing without having to prebook?

4. Are there any other way we can get to liverpool in time for our prebook Anfield tour at 1pm?

Thats all the questions i have for now. I am very excited & stress as the date gets nearer.

Thank you veru much in advance & all advise are appreciated

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
19,714 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London to Liverpool

I doubt you would make the 09.05 train - you might get lucky though.

So long as you have booked an 'Off-peak' type ticket rather than an 'Advance' type ticket, you will be able to catch a later train. If you don't have a reservation for the train you catch, just sit in any unreserved seat.

If speed is of the essence, no there is no alternative to the Virgin train.

Oxfordshire
Level Contributor
2,626 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: London to Liverpool

The only other trains that'll get you there on time are the 0940 (change Crewe: arr LPL 1210) or 1007 direct (arr LPL 1215) or the indirect 1010 (arr 1245). It's a max. 15 minutes from Liverpool left luggage office to Anfield by taxi

On all these trains, the difference between a reservation on a specific train and the walk-up fare is huge (around £100 each). It MIGHT be safer to rebook your plane to make it a through booking to Manchester , from where there are frequent trains from the airport itself to Liverpool: the 1141 departure would JUST get you there on time.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
103 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London to Liverpool

Thank you Wirewiper & flaneruk for the reply. Well it looks like i have to change my liverpool trip to another day. I am still trying to finalise my plan & will post again soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
103 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London to Liverpool

Thank you Wirewiper & flaneruk for the reply. Well it looks like i have to change my liverpool trip to another day. I am still trying to finalise my plan & will post again soon.

5. Re: London to Liverpool

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 06:18