We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to park and ride for London

Wakefield, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Where to park and ride for London

My family and I are looking to travel to London for the day on Friday 31st May. We will have to drive as we have left it too late for the train or coach. We are wanting to go to central London, Natural History Museum e.t.c. Please could someone let me know where the best option is for parking and getting the tube perhaps? We will be travelling down the M1.

Thank you

British Museum
Art Museums, History Museums
Churchill War Rooms
History Museums, Historic Sites, Military Museums
Natural History Museum
Natural History Museums, History Museums
Level Contributor
3,608 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to park and ride for London

Not the tube, but I quite often use Luton Airport Parkway when coming in from the midlands. Parking is reasonably priced & secure. But it's a train fare rather than a tube fare so it's not the cheapest.

My partner - who's frugal - opts to park in side streets around Watford and come in from there.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Wakefield
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to park and ride for London

When I used to travel to London from Wakefield there was a car park just at Swiss Cottage which was £10 per day when prepaying online

Another option is the Car Park at The Flag at Watford Junction, which is £3 all day.

Swiss Cottage is easier and nearer to Central London and is in Zone 2..

Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
42,557 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to park and ride for London

Stanmore tube station is another option. Five minutes from junction 4 of the M1 with a large car park attached to the station.

4. Re: Where to park and ride for London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 05:17
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question