We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Olympic Stadium

Level Contributor
90 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
London Olympic Stadium

I'm visiting London for the Anniversary Games in July and want to purchase a new camera for my trip.

Bizarre question, but does anyone know the distance from seat to track if you're sat in the upper tier of the stadium?

Just want to ensure any camera I purchase will get me some decent shots from where I'm sat.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
848 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Olympic Stadium

I was at the Olympics and was also seated in the upper tier and managed to get some pretty good pictures with my iPhone so I should think a decent camera would get some great shots.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,176 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Olympic Stadium

I was in the upper tier a few times too (I went to quite a few events), and I took pictures with my iPhone. I really should have taken my camera camera, which has an optical zoom, as the athletes are pretty indistinguishable in my pictures.

London, England...
Level Contributor
2,558 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London Olympic Stadium

Ditto myself. Tho I got much better shots with my TZ3 camera which has 10x optical zoom. If you're after genuinely good photos I wouldn't want less than this.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
848 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London Olympic Stadium

Yeh I think that beats the iPhone!

5. Re: London Olympic Stadium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 05:17