We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Scottish pub, restaurant, souvenir, grocery store in London

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
6 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Scottish pub, restaurant, souvenir, grocery store in London

Just got back from Scotland and fell in love with Scotland.

I will stay another 3 more days in London until I go back to the U.S.

Any recommendation for Scottish pub, restaurant, souvenir, grocery store in London

is appreciated.

I wish to have haggis & black pudding one more time before I leave UK and

hoping to buy Quaich if possible.

Thank you so much.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,769 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Scottish pub, restaurant, souvenir, grocery store in London

Despite its dubious tax avoidance behaviour....Google is your friend!

Try Boisdale (restaurant).

Try John Lewis/Peter Jones/Selfridges for a Quaich.

Borough Market for victuals, although I doubt you'll get melt-in-your-mouth Stornoway black pudding there. Probably the fatty Lancashire style.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,286 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Scottish pub, restaurant, souvenir, grocery store in London

Don't know about haggis, but you can get black pudding for breakfast at the Regency Cafe (near Victoria) and Maria's Market Cafe (Borough Market, close to London Bridge), two great "greasy spoons".

Had breakfast at Maria's yesterday (for the umpteenth time), egg, bacon, black pudding and bubble & squeak; Delicious. And I'm sure the Regency will be fine - had an afternoon liver & bacon there last week which was also superb.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,660 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Scottish pub, restaurant, souvenir, grocery store in London

Found this thread from 2008, though, but maybe it will help.....

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k228…

London
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Scottish pub, restaurant, souvenir, grocery store in London

You can buy uncooked haggis in lots of London stores, such as Waitrose, but you probably won't be allowed to take them into the US.

"Royal Mile" at 3 Bloomsbury Street, near the British Museum, has lots of Scottish beers and whiskies on sale.

www.royalmilewhiskies.com/viewindex.asp…

London, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Scottish pub, restaurant, souvenir, grocery store in London

Please be aware that you cannot import genuine haggis into the US, as the FDA considers some of the ingredients not to be foodstuffs. Apparently there is a thriving smuggling trade from Canada, especially in January, around Burns' Night.

Southampton
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Scottish pub, restaurant, souvenir, grocery store in London

You can buy haggis in the Scottish shop at Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada. Near Niagara falls. I know because I was so surprised I took a photo. Only half as far away as actual Scotland for you... I am sure there will be west coast shops too.

7. Re: Scottish pub, restaurant, souvenir, grocery store in London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 05:17