We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Pass...my experience

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
968 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
London Pass...my experience

As there are often questions posted here about the London Pass and is it "worth it", I thought I'd report my experience to help others decide.

I bought the 6-day LP online for 89 pounds when they were offering a discount promotion. I used it all 6 days and saw Westminster Abbey, St. Paul's Cathedral, Windsor Castle, Churchill War Rooms, Queen's Mews' and Queen's Gallery. If I had paid individually, the admission costs would have been 85.50 pounds.

However, the fact that we didn't have to wait on any ticket lines was priceless to me. When I'm on vacation, "time is money."

I'm sure I would have used the Pass for 1 or 2 more attractions except that my husband insisted we spend so much time shopping. (LOL)

So, in deciding if the London Pass is a good deal or not, consider all the factors.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: London Pass...my experience

Thanks for posting.

What attractions did you go to where there was a line to skip?

Edited: 30 May 2013, 10:57
London, England...
Level Contributor
2,556 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Pass...my experience

Churchill War Rooms, I'm guessing....

Ft. Laud, Florida
Level Contributor
968 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London Pass...my experience

Churchill War Rooms, Westminster Abbey, St. Paul's, Windsor Castle, Royal Mews, Queen's Gallery.

Obviously, some lines were longer than others. But seeing the lines as we approached the attraction, it was quite a relief knowing we did not have to join the queues.

I think the LP was regularly priced at 99 pounds. I think I still would have bought it at that price...for the convenience. I'm not a patient waiter. I've used sightseeing passes in many cities and have always appreciated them, if not for the discounts than for the convenience.

But this is definitely something each visitor has to evaluate for himself/herself.

It was my intention to use the LP for more attractions had my husband not insisted on wasting half a day checking out all the jewelry stores at Sloane Square.

Hayes, England...
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: London Pass...my experience

Your experience sounds amazing.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,766 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London Pass...my experience

Did you visit any free attractions? EG British Museum.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London Pass...my experience

Thanks for posting, a lot of people ask about this so great info.

Mystic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
966 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London Pass...my experience

I was just in London by myself and used a three day London Pass with great success also. I went to most of the same places with the addition of the Tower of London and the river cruise twice. I had been to a lot of the free museums on previous visits.

If you plan, you can save using the pass.

8. Re: London Pass...my experience

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 06:17