We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East Finchley to Heathrow area transfer?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Israel
Level Contributor
405 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
East Finchley to Heathrow area transfer?

We're staying in a flat in East Finchley, about 5 minutes walk away from the tube station. On Sunday we're going to move to the Premier Inn near Heathrow at this address -

Heathrow Airport (Bath Road)

15 Bath Road

Hounslow

Middlesex

We want to leave the flat here at around 7PM. No rush as our flight out of Heathrow is the following day. We have Oyster cards for zones 1-3. There are four of us, my youngest is under 10 and oldest is 11 (has weekly travelcard for zones 1-3 which covers Sunday).

I'm confused as to what would be the cheapest way to get to Heathrow from here. I tried Google Maps and they say I have to take 2 tube lines and then a bus to get to the hotel address. I suspect that's outside zone 3 too, and have no idea how we add a longer distance destination to our Oysters or my son's travelcard?

Will it all be too complicated/expensive? Should we just opt for a taxi? I found this website -

http://www.airporttransferlink.com/

And they quote 48 pounds for the ride on Sunday. Is that a reasonable amount? Can I trust them and book a taxi? If using the trains will end up costing 30-40 pounds for the four of us, maybe a taxi is a better option?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,422 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: East Finchley to Heathrow area transfer?

The hotel is a good budget option but, as you are discovering, it's awkward to reach from central London let alone East Finchley by public transport so yes in this case a pre booked car service would be the sensible choice especially if you have a lot of luggage. Weekend line closures could also affect things.

I don't know that particular company but there are literally scores of threads that suggest reliable firms and prices will all be around that figure.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
28,200 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: East Finchley to Heathrow area transfer?

This link has a list of generally well reviewed car services.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k48869…

Israel
Level Contributor
405 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: East Finchley to Heathrow area transfer?

Thank you! I guess a car service it is. I did check that link and will choose one of the companies mentioned there.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: East Finchley to Heathrow area transfer?

Hi

Taxi is the best way on a Sunday, but ensure the quote they give you is for the car you require.

Some mini-cabs quote from £48 but if you order a 6/7 seater they will charge at least another 15% sometimes as much as 50%.

I also use black cabs, good luck

London, England...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: East Finchley to Heathrow area transfer?

i always want to know how much will i pay my journey so i can set my budget but taxi has meter so you never know how much you will pay especially if you stuck at traffic jam you better to walk :) in that link http://www.airporttransferlink.com/ they say "pay what ever you quote" so i dont think they can not charge extra and they clearly give price for every car which suits you. Anyway i don`t use black taxis to go to airport.

6. Re: East Finchley to Heathrow area transfer?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 07:17