We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to buy fantasy clothing/items?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
691 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Where to buy fantasy clothing/items?

I was wondering if there are any stores in London where one could buy "fantasy" and/or new age items - t-shirts, figures, etc - with dragons, fairies, pagan, wiccan items...that sort of stuff. I've tried a search online but none of the results seem to have what I want. For instance, when I search for anything involving "t-shirts" in London, all that comes up are tourist t-shirts.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thx!

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
848 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to buy fantasy clothing/items?

First thing that springs to mind is Camden market which is well worth a visit. I cannot guarantee you will find what you are looking for but its the one place in London likely to sell such clothing.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake District
Level Contributor
3,078 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to buy fantasy clothing/items?

There is a shop called Games Workshop which was very big in the 80's. I believe there may be one or two still around. It was very popular with people playing Dungeons And Dragons roleplay games. I seem to remember it being in Hammersmith.

London
Destination Expert
for Thirassia, Fira
Level Contributor
13,837 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to buy fantasy clothing/items?

Another area I can think of is around Neal's Yard / Seven Dials.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to buy fantasy clothing/items?

What about Forbidden Planet ? I'd have thought a very good chance of having what you want http://forbiddenplanet.com/

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
146 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to buy fantasy clothing/items?

I also saw a lot of that kind of thing in the Camden Lock market, and the adjacent Horse Stables market. Unfortunately don't know the names, if you do a google search you might come up with something. You should go there either way, it's a FASCINATING place.

London
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to buy fantasy clothing/items?

joeintheuk's idea seems a very good one to me although it's science fiction and fantasy which is not quite what you want.

There is also an astrology / new age shop on one of the roads leading off Seven Dials where I went to get a horoscope a few years back. I don't remember the name but it is literally 30 seconds from the middle of Seven Dials. I think that it might have been on Monmouth Street. If you are ever in the Covent Garden area then you could go looking for it.

London
Level Contributor
2,083 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to buy fantasy clothing/items?

According to Google it might have been the Mysteries Shop, 9 Monmouth Street.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
691 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to buy fantasy clothing/items?

Thx for the replies. I've been to Forbidden Planet, great store, but not quite what I was looking for this time. Found the different shops around Covent Gardens...not quite it either. I did find something in another area of Covent Grdn, so all's good.

9. Re: Where to buy fantasy clothing/items?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2014, 05:17