We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling through london zones

London, England...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
travelling through london zones

I have a question - I have a monthly travel card on my oyster which serves zones 1-3 which i would like to take advantage of. I need to get from waterloo to northolt which i believe is zone 5. how would I be able to use my travelcard ? ? would i need to get off at the last stop outside zone 3 and purchase a separate ticket ? ? HELP!! :/

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,234 reviews
from US$126.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
441 reviews
from US$104.80*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,073 reviews
from US$148.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
628 reviews
from US$100.50*
Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,384 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling through london zones

As your travelcard is on Oyster, you just need some PAYG money on it for the extra fare.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6,001 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling through london zones

Put some PAYG money on your Oyster, then there is no need to get off before Northolt the system works it all out for you.

London, England...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: travelling through london zones

if i top up for example 5 pound at a machine will it use my travel card for up until zone 3 and charge my card the leftover for the rest of the journey? or just take all the payg money?

Cotswolds
Level Contributor
11,384 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travelling through london zones

As long as you tap in where you first enter the system and tap out where you leave, it will only take PAYG money for your out of zone travel. It 'knows' when you swap from travelcard to PAYG

5. Re: travelling through london zones

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2014, 05:16