We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there a tube stop at Liverpool Street-visiting Andaz?

Washington DC
Level Contributor
326 posts
79 reviews
Save Topic
Is there a tube stop at Liverpool Street-visiting Andaz?

I would like to visit the Hilton Andaz hotel to see the old building's architecture - expect I'll also take some refreshment there-I'm on holiday! I will be at St. Paul's cathedral when I start out for Liverpool Street. I've looked at the TFL.com site, and I can't understand which is the best tube stop for me to arrive at the Andaz hotel. Is there a tube stop at Liverpool Street? I understand the hotel is adjacent the train station. Thank you.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,064 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there a tube stop at Liverpool Street-visiting Andaz?

Yes there is a tube stop (various lines). If you are at St Paul's Liverpool St is walkable or you can get a bus (nos 23 or 11 from St Paul's churchyard).

Edited: 03 June 2013, 16:17
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,756 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there a tube stop at Liverpool Street-visiting Andaz?

Walk it.

So much to see in that 1/2 mile that it will take you hours ;-)

London
Level Contributor
519 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there a tube stop at Liverpool Street-visiting Andaz?

I agree, take a walk through the city. It's only a mile

Washington DC
Level Contributor
326 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there a tube stop at Liverpool Street-visiting Andaz?

Thanks to all. If I chose not to walk it, what's the best tube stop? After I have a look at the Andaz, I want to walk further into Spitalfield, and see the architecture of Christ Church, Spitalfield. So I am planning my walking, I may not be able to walk from St. Paul's to Andaz, then again, I may decide to try it.

London
Level Contributor
519 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there a tube stop at Liverpool Street-visiting Andaz?

Liverpool Street is the best station as it is opposite the hotel. You can get the central line 2 stops from St Pauls to Liverpool Street

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,064 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there a tube stop at Liverpool Street-visiting Andaz?

As I said there are two bus routes which go from outside St Paul's to Liverpool St. If you want to go by tube it's a couple of stops from St Paul's on the Central line.

London & Paris
Level Contributor
3,095 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there a tube stop at Liverpool Street-visiting Andaz?

"I've looked at the TFL.com site, and I can't understand which is the best tube stop ..."

I'm not surprised. TFL.com is the site for TFL, "the worldwide company exclusively serving the leather industry". Try www.tfl.gov.uk , click on Getting Around, click Tube in the list of Maps. The standard Tube map even has an alphabetical list of stations to help you find Liverpool Street and St Paul's.

Washington DC
Level Contributor
326 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there a tube stop at Liverpool Street-visiting Andaz?

Parklandwalk, if I walk down the front steps of St. Paul's, which way do I go to find the bus # ll? (don't need details, just an idea). No worries, RichardRFC, I'm using the Transport for London site.

Thanks again.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,064 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is there a tube stop at Liverpool Street-visiting Andaz?

You can go left or right ! but stay on the same side of the road. Turn right for the Ludgate Hill stop or left for the St Paul's stop (opposite the St Paul's visitor centre; the 11, or 23 stop at both and both terminate at Liverpool St so you can't go wrong. They're no more than about 80-100 m apart.

www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/gettingaround/maps/buses/…

Edited: 03 June 2013, 17:41
Washington DC
Level Contributor
326 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is there a tube stop at Liverpool Street-visiting Andaz?

Thanks very much, I understand. Great assistance, thanks again.