We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Stonehenge from London

Cairo, Al Qahirah...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Stonehenge from London

Hi

I am in London now for 5 days

I want to plan a day trip to Stonehenge from here , to go at the morning and come back in the same day

I need your advice about how to make this plan and what is the method of transportation that you recommend for me for a good price ?

Thanks

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Stonehenge from London

There is a coach trip that only goes to stonehenge and back and is cheaper and quicker than visiting it yourself by public transport.

Here's one company that runs a tour premiumtours.co.uk/tours/subcategory/stonehe… I think there is one other one.

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,141 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Stonehenge from London

Your best price will be from a tour operator that goes to Stonehenge, and Stonehenge only for a half day. This will take 5 hours--four for travel, one to see the stones.

See this for more info...

londontoolkit.com/whattodo/stonehenge_tours.…

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,038 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Stonehenge from London

Golden Tours also do a half day Stonehenge tour:

www.goldentours.com/Out_of_London_Tours

Cairo, Al Qahirah...
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Stonehenge from London

Thank you all , Thank you so much

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day trip to Stonehenge from London

You could always do it yourself by taking a train to Salisbury (I got a Megabus train ticket for £ 12 return) and then taking the tour bus from the train station to Stonehenge. You could then also check out Old Sarum and the Salisbury Cathedral.

Edited: 04 June 2013, 18:23
Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,205 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to Stonehenge from London

London Walks do a day trip that includes Stonehenge and Salisbury every Tuesday: walks.com/Standalone/…default.aspx

No booking required - so if you change your mind on the day because the weather is poor or something no problem - just turn up at the station at the stated time.

Edited: 04 June 2013, 18:30
Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
10 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip to Stonehenge from London

I used the Premium Tours one too. I was quite satisfied with it. They'll even come pick you up at your hotel. They won't drop you off though, but if I recall correctly they drop you off at Victoria Station and you can make your way back to your hotel from there.

I selected the tour that also included Windsor Castle and Bath.

premiumtours.co.uk/tours/tour/bath-stoneheng…

8. Re: Day trip to Stonehenge from London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 05:17