We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Replacement Bus

Springfield...
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Replacement Bus

I will arrive to London this Sunday morning June 9th via Heathrow, needing to reach Southwark tube station.

There are planned works on the Picadilly line, so instead of the Picadilly line straight through to Green Park with transfer to Jubilee line, I will have to take replacement bus from Boston Manor to Ealing Broadway, then Central line to Bond St, Jubilee to destination.

There are several replacement buses running that day...mine is B per the journey planner, which is described as "Ealing Broadway - Boston Manor"

A couple of questions for the experts (thank you for your time, by the way...this forum has been very helpful):

1) Am I correct in assuming that the bus will go directly from Boston Manor to Ealing Broadway without any stops since those are the only 2 locations mentioned on the replacement service B "pop up" on TFL website?

2) Are there multiple exits from Boston Manor? If so, do you know which one I should take to catch the bus?

Thank you!

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Replacement Bus

1. Dont know.

2. There will be staff to direct you, plus signs.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,051 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Replacement Bus

If the TfL page says it's a Boston Manor to Ealing Broadway bus then it will be a dedicated service between those two stations.

There are (at least in central London) signs at bus stops indicating that replacement buses call at a particular stop. As joe said, there are usually / often staff on hand as well - look for the bloke or blokess in a high-vis vest with TfL roundel on the back - to help as needed.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,801 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Replacement Bus

There's usually large white boards inside the station directing you outside to the correct bus stop for the replacement bus plus uniformed staff inside the station and at the bus stop.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,756 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Replacement Bus

Depending where your ultimate destination is, the easiest and quickest way would be to a bus (285 from central bus station for T1/3 or 490 from T4/5) to Feltham railway station, and then a national rail service direct to Waterloo.

From there you can either walk to your destination or take the Jubilee Line one stop to Southwalk.

Edited: 03 June 2013, 22:52
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
27,378 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Replacement Bus

The bus from Boston Manor to Ealing Broadway will take less than ten minutes.

Come and enjoy.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,332 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Replacement Bus

I'm with Amos. The Feltham route will take about an hour. I've done it to Waterloo, and a couple of weeks ago to Clapham Junction.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k50290…

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,756 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Replacement Bus

<< The bus from Boston Manor to Ealing Broadway will take less than ten minutes. >>

That's possible, but can you imagine a train load of passengers all with cases getting off, walking out of the station and then queuing up to get on a bus (probably a double decker) 50 at a time and then doing the reverse as Ealing B. Bearing in mind that there will be another 50 people travelling in the opposite direction. If you manage to get on the bus within 30 minutes of getting off the train, I think you will have done extremely well.

Edited: 04 June 2013, 10:20
Springfield...
Level Contributor
36 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Replacement Bus

Thank you, Amos H...seems more relaxed than trying to manage the replacement bus with luggage in tow.

At Heathrow, I will purchase Oyster with Zone 1-2 7-day travelcard, with PAYG added on to cover the cost of airport. If I'm reading the table correctly, the bus trip will deduct £1.40 and rail journey will deduct £3.50 from the PAYG balance, with the final leg of Waterloo to Southwark covered on the travelcard...is that correct?

9. Re: Replacement Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 05:17