We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Southwark, London, England

Hershey...
1 post
Save Topic
Southwark, London, England

Is this a good place for tourists?

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - London
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Strawberry Tours
Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours
The English Bus
City Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours, Bus Tours, Cultural Tours
London Black Taxi Tours
Cultural Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, City Tours
Bucks, UK
Level Contributor
4,565 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Southwark, London, England

Yes

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
848 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Southwark, London, England

Ummm.. Tate Modern, Shakespears Globe Theatre, Southwark Cathedral, the Shard, London Bridge, Borough Market.. Yeh I would say its ok!!

Oh and just for a heads up.. It's pronounced Suvuk (su-th-ur-k) not south wark. Even most Non Londoners get it wrong.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Southwark, London, England

Are you asking about attractions or accommodations? Depending on your specific plans, there may be better locations.

Why don't you give us and idea of your travel plans (when, how many, how long, how arriving and departing and your budget in GBP/£ - if you want accommodation recommendations)?

Edited: 04 June 2013, 17:15
Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,436 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Southwark, London, England

What address in Southwark? It's a big area and some parts are much nicer than others

London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Southwark, London, England

I have even known Londoners to confuse Southwark with Suffolk!

See also HMS Belfast, The Scoop, City Hall, Potters Fields Park, and the view of Tower Bridge (I think that the border with the City of London technically begins at the south bank of the river, rather than halfway, as I had assumed before looking on a map).

6. Re: Southwark, London, England

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 June 2014, 06:17