We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 day itinerary help June14-17 in LONDON

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
philly
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
3 day itinerary help June14-17 in LONDON

Hi,

Would appreciate help on my itinerary.Family trip to London and so much to do- hoping to get some input from destination experts. We are traveling with kids(7 and 10 years), and want to use our 3 days wisely.Not sure what sights to cover on what day.

1. Arrive around 2pm at Heathrow on June 14, checkin to hotel around 4 pm(Sussex Gardens).

2. Depart London on 17 at 5pm from Euston station

I would like to see the following, please help with planning.

-Tower Of london

-Trafalgar Square

- Windsor Castle

-Harry Potter Studio Tour(booked for june 16 @ 5:30 pm)

- Westminster abbey

- Oxford Street

- Any other suggestions?

Thanks

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,639 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 day itinerary help June14-17 in LONDON

This is a tricky time to see Windsor Castle.

St. George's Chapel (don't be fooled by the name--it is a cathedral like structure) will be closed June 14-17.

The State Rooms will be closed the 16th and 18th.

The entire Castle is closed the 17th.

So really the only time you could see Windsor would be the day after you arrive--the 15th.

Perhaps think about walking to Trafalgar Square your first day, to help you get acclimated. You may or may not feel up to Oxford Street--I would play it by ear.

June 15th, you could visit Windsor Castle. Returning to London, I am not sure if I would try to squeeze in any of the other sights--you may be jet-lagged, and Westminster closes early at 3:30. Tower of London would be a very long day when combined with Windsor in the morning.

To be honest, I would be tempted to drop Windsor from your schedule and just go to the Tower of London (and I'm the DE!). You only have two full days in London, and going out of London for two of them will not do your schedule any favors.

If you chose the Tower of London and Westminster for your first full day, it is doable, but mind that early closure. But better still, do one each day.

Overall, I think with kids this age and long distance traveling, you'd be better off planning less, wandering around--the Thames, Big Ben, Parliament, the London Eye, St. James Park, having snacks, taking it all in.

Edited: 09 June 2013, 05:38
philly
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 day itinerary help June14-17 in LONDON

Thankyou DE- I will go by your suggestion and drop Windsor castle. Are there any other neighborhoods or areas within London i should target?

A

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
Level Contributor
19,639 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 3 day itinerary help June14-17 in LONDON

There are some nice self guided walks in London, one of which is described here, as part of Heathrow Layovers....just scroll down to "The Tour Described,"...

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186338-c170832/Londo…

4. Re: 3 day itinerary help June14-17 in LONDON

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2014, 06:16