We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Would LOVE to see a "soccer" game while in London!

Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Would LOVE to see a "soccer" game while in London!

I have tried to find schedules for September for soccer but I guess it is too early? Does anyone know when they come out? I want to book my trip but can be flexible if I could get tickets!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,364 Reviews
from US$130.60*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,131 Reviews
from US$139.30*
US$154.70
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
519 Reviews
from US$117.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
478 Reviews
from US$347.80*
Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Would LOVE to see a "soccer" game while in London!

Fixtures come out June 19th. They won't be definite dates/times as some will then be moved to suit TV.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
13,529 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Would LOVE to see a "soccer" game while in London!

Fixtures for the 2013/14 season come out next Friday. Be aware that many of the fixtures will be moved for television coverage to a Saturday evening, Sunday lunchtime and afternoon or the Monday night.

Only buy tickets from the clubs directly or a package from Thomas Cook Sports as these are the only legal ways of buying tickets. Don't buy from eBay, Craigslist, Gumtree or touts (scalpers)

3. Re: Would LOVE to see a "soccer" game while in London!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2016, 17:00
Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Would LOVE to see a "soccer" game while in London!

Thanks for the info!

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
32,579 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Would LOVE to see a "soccer" game while in London!

The only scheduled match in September so far is the World Cup qualifier at Wembley between England and Moldova on Friday September 6. Bear in mind that there won't be any Premier League or Championship games in the week leading up to then, nor the week after as there's another qualifier on Tuesday 10th (in Ukraine).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc…

Mentioned in this post
Moldova
Moldova
Europe
Ukraine
Ukraine
Europe
Arlington, Texas
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Would LOVE to see a "soccer" game while in London!

Oh good to know I did not know about the qualifier, thanks!

Brno, Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for Czech Republic, Slovakia, Train Travel
Level Contributor
30,345 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Would LOVE to see a "soccer" game while in London!

... and of course we call it 'football' :) Although the term 'soccer' was coined in Britain, I think nowadays it is only used in North America (and also probably Australia).

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
32,579 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Would LOVE to see a "soccer" game while in London!

>> ... and of course we call it 'football' :) Although the term 'soccer' was coined in Britain, I think nowadays it is only used in North America (and also probably Australia).<<

Here we go again. :) To be fair MaeBear used inverted commas ("soccer"). And that term is used in the USA, Canada and Australia, where another form of football has a higher profile. And if William Webb Ellis had been a pupil at South Peckham Community Comprehensive instead of a public school with an easy name, I suspect New Zealand and South Africa would be calling it "soccer" as well.

Mentioned in this post
New Zealand
New Zealand
South Pacific
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
6,561 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Would LOVE to see a "soccer" game while in London!

It's football, as opposed to the strange American game of handegg

augmentedplanet.com/wp-content/…handegg.jpg

10. Re: Would LOVE to see a "soccer" game while in London!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 June 2014, 05:17