We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping

Benton, Arkansas...
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping

Can someone tell me where I might be able to find something cool to pick up for a teenager. She told me to bring her back something unusual. So in other words no t-shirts or key chains.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
55,613 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping

There are a great many choices, but only one teen. What age is the young woman, and what does she like? Does she want something useful or purely decorative? Museum shops are a good place to start. Consider a cloth shopping bag with something else tucked inside.

Benton, Arkansas...
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping

She is 15. She loves London. She just said unusual which is weird for her because she normally makes out a big list. She collects snow globes but unless I can find the plastic kind, they will be hard to bring home.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping

A green harrods little tote bag that's what my daughter wanted from London.

UK
Level Contributor
24 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping

I don't envy you that task! Plenty of unique art is available at a reasonable price if that might fit the bill. I would recommend somewhere like Peter Layton Glass http://www.londonglassblowing.co.uk/ If you like the museum shop idea then the Fashion and Textile Museum http://ftmlondon.org/ftm-shop/ is close by and that has a wonderful range of gifts.

Good luck - whatever you decide on...

london
Level Contributor
582 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping

If she likes jewellery and accessories try Accessorize which is part of the monsoon chain. Lots of nice jewellery and handbags etc.

My teenage relatives love the Cath Kidston brand which does a great London themed range of bags, purses etc and is very "British"

Or how about some British sweets? A selection of British chocolate bars ( we do make the best "everyday" sweets in the world! :-)) or some bags of Percy Pigs from Marks and Spencer

Level Contributor
252 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shopping

Anything from TopShop at the Oxford Street branch for clothing. Or try the London Transport Museum in Covent Garden.

London, United...
Level Contributor
5,138 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Shopping

The two biggest department stores in London are Selfridges in Oxford St and Harrods in Knightsbridge. You could spend hours in each one if you wanted to in all sorts of departments. Good hunting.

warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Shopping

Why don't you buy her one of those iconic "My Mum went to London and all I got was this lousy T-shirt" T-shirt. They are sold absolutely everywhere in London, in every possible gift shop and not a single person in the cosmos has ever been seen wearing one. Ever.

So she could be the first.....

London, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Shopping

You have a hard job! Could you post a snow globe back if it were glass?

I suppose you need to identify what is unique about London, for example the Tube map, red buses, black cabs, the queen etc. You'll find lots of tacky stuff related to this, but places like the transport museum, British Museum or Museum of London will have some nice stuff that reflects our uniqueness. It expends what she likes, but there are some great transport posters from the transport museum if you look at their website.

Benton, Arkansas...
Level Contributor
191 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Shopping

Ok she is asking for a Braclet that says London. Good idea on the shirt except she's my ill sister :)