We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TUBE Euston railway to V & A museum ?

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
657 posts
107 reviews
Save Topic
TUBE Euston railway to V & A museum ?

High,can someone suggest the best route with least walking/fewest changeovers please?

Also would a zone 1 tube day ticket be better value than individual tickets?

Ta

Edited: 11 June 2013, 09:38
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
32,849 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: TUBE Euston railway to V & A museum ?

Turn left out of Euston and walk along Euston Road to St Pancras, then take the Picadilly line to South Kensington

As for tickets - definitely get a one day card, individual fares on the Tube are deliberately punitive

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,717 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TUBE Euston railway to V & A museum ?

Alan beat me to it.

Edited: 11 June 2013, 10:14
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,714 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TUBE Euston railway to V & A museum ?

For 2 journeys only in Zone 1

Cash - 2 * £4.50 = £9.00

Off Peak Travelcard - £7.30

Oyster - £5 refundable deposit + 2 * £2.10 = £9.20 less £5 back at the end of the day.

You may be able to buy a ticket from Manchester which includes the Zone 1 travelcard.

There are alternative ways on the underground, but they involve less walking, but more changes or a long journey.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: TUBE Euston railway to V & A museum ?

You can buy an off peak return from Manchester Piccadilly to London Underground Zone 1 for £83.30, which is £6 more than the fare to Euston only.

This would be valid for one journey from Euston to any tube station in Zone 1, and the return trip to Euston.

You can actually pick up the £7.30 one day travelcard before you depart Manchester by going in to any of the train booking sites and putting in an origin of "London Kings Cross" and a destination of "London Victoria". This will give you the option of the travelcard, and you can specify that you want to pick it up from the ticket machines at Manchester Piccadilly. If you are going for the £7.30 travelcard I would strongly recommend that you do this, as the ticket queues at Euston can sometimes be very long.

Now I hope you can give me some ticket advice. I am going to Manchester this coming Saturday. Do you know if you can buy a ticket which gives you all day travel on Metrolink, and if so how much does it cost. The Metrolink website is spectacularly unhelpful on this point.

Manchester UK
Level Contributor
657 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TUBE Euston railway to V & A museum ?

Thanks peeps..

Paul i see what you mean re the metrolink site. Do you know, i have never used the metrolink in manchester !

A quick look here seems to suggest that you can buy an off peak daysaver for £7.50 ?

timeout.com/manchester/features/744/travel-i…

6. Re: TUBE Euston railway to V & A museum ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 06:16