We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London park/ride and horseback riding

Winchendon...
Level Contributor
4 posts
63 reviews
Save Topic
London park/ride and horseback riding

Hi there,

Planning our London trip has been quite the experience. We are travelling with another couple (we are staying just outside of Canterbury)..and we want to take a day trip to London. What is the best way to go about getting there? Obviously we don't want to take our rental into the city. There is a train station in Canterbury we could take in but someone in our group suggested we drive in as close as we can and then take the train in...any thoughts on what's the best method or perhaps where to drive into?

Also, my friends really want to go horsebackriding...is there anyplace in Kent where we can go to to this? I am hoping to go to Stourhead one day while we are out visiting Stonehenge...perhaps they might have something in that area?

Thanks for your help!!

Also we are doing a day trip to Paris, if anyone has any thoughts on that please feel free to write...Thanks!!!

Kristen :)

London
Level Contributor
563 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London park/ride and horseback riding

If there are four of you travelling together by train, you can get half price tickets using the GroupSave offer. You can also get discounted admission to a number of London attractions.

See http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/groupsave.aspx

NYC
Level Contributor
65 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: London park/ride and horseback riding

<<Also, my friends really want to go horsebackriding...is there anyplace in Kent where we can go to to this? I am hoping to go to Stourhead one day while we are out visiting Stonehenge...perhaps they might have something in that area?>>

Kristen, are your friends novices or experienced riders? If they're novice riders, they might want to rethink this. My DD and I are intermediate-experienced riders. We've ridden in places like Nevada but wouldn't ride unfamiliar horses on a short vacation outside of the US.

I'd suggest they at least make sure to wear helmets (hats).

Just my two pence,

Purple

3. Re: London park/ride and horseback riding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 August 2009, 22:16