We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggested plan to visit places in London like London eye

Chennai (Madras...
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Suggested plan to visit places in London like London eye

Hey folks,

I recently moved to London with my family and looking to start visiting popular tourist destinations. Could you please suggest top 10 places in London to visit. Few that really caught my eye are London eye, sea aquarium, river cruise....

Could you also suggest a cheap way to do these visits? I googled and found number of options like London travel passes, packages etc., Too many options and hence too much of confusions ! Please help.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
4,399 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggested plan to visit places in London like London eye

Read the first two questions in the Top Question section on the right side of this page. That will be a good way to start. Then do a little more research online about what interests you and your family. Once you have some really specific questions the fantastic London experts can weigh in with advice on how to make things work.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,360 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggested plan to visit places in London like London eye

I agree with looking on TA for this.

Maybe also buy a good guide book. They can be very useful.

My top 10 attractions might not be yours so you need to work out for yourself what yours are.

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,769 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggested plan to visit places in London like London eye

Hi,

If you are living in London, why do you need other people to give you lists of 10 places to go? Just wander round and see the city.

If there is anything that interests you, go and see it. There's no need to visit the 10 places I like!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggested plan to visit places in London like London eye

For many attractions in London, there are 2-4-1 offers (2 people enter for the price of 1 adult admission ticket). These offers are valid with a National Rail paper travel card. Basically you'd need to get the travel card you use for the tube, buses etc from a Rail station not a tube station, with no difference in cost. This article by Laura RW explains things step-by-step.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g186338-c195600/Londo…

Please look at the daysout website, which lists the offers. Be sure to check that the offer is valid for the date you want to visit.

http://www.daysoutguide.co.uk/offers

There are also discount offers available at this site. These vouchers aren't linked to any train tickets etc.

http://www.smartsave.com/uk/london-days-out

Enjoy your stay in London :)

5. Re: Suggested plan to visit places in London like London eye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 07:17