We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chip and signature cards

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
new york
Level Contributor
21 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Chip and signature cards

I will be in London soon and want to buy a train ticket in advance. If I do that I have to pick up the ticket from a self service ticket machine in Paddington Station using the same credit card I used online to purchase the ticket. Will my card work in the machine if it is a chip and signature card but not a chip and pin card?

London
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chip and signature cards

The payment is made on the card when you book it.

When you pick it up, you have to insert the same credit card, but it doesn't ask for the pin number as you've already paid. You have to type in a reference number, which you are given when you book. I think the credit card is only used to pick up and recognise the booking.

Stirling, United...
Destination Expert
for Stirling
Level Contributor
13,884 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chip and signature cards

In th unlikely event it doesn't work you can also collect your ticket from the booking office at Paddington (or any other main railway station).

3. Re: Chip and signature cards

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 06:18