We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Covent Garden Restaurant Recommendations?

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
103 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Covent Garden Restaurant Recommendations?

Hi, I have a couplke of US friends coming over to stay in afew weeks - they have never been to the UK before so I am bringing them to London for a whistle stop tour of the city for the day/evening.

I am trying to find a nice restaurant to take them to before we get the train back from Euston (departing around 8.30pm).

I was thinking of Covent Garden, as i hope to end up here around tea time, but there are so many restaurants/bars etc there that I am abit lost!

I am looking for something that is not too fancy or expensive, but not a bog standard pub either.

Food wise, it needs to cater for me (I dont eat meat, but I do eat fish!).....

If anyone has any recommendations, I would love to hear them!

Many thanks

Buckingham Palace
Castles, Historic Sites, Gardens, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,714 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Covent Garden Restaurant Recommendations?

Dldkag gives an excellent summary of YOCC. It's a good example of why a pub recommendation shouldn't be taken as a "catch all". Don't go there expecting great beer or food, go for the history and atmosphere.

It can get busy. My insiders tip is to get there as soon as you can after it opens at 11 and have a quiet pint in the bar on your right as you go in. If its cold then there'll be a coal fire lit. If you really want to eat, book a table in the bar opposite for the best food. The basement bar serves a more"pub grub" menu, but is fine. The beer is the usual Sam Smiths stuff, so try the German style lager or the cider instead.

Mike

22. Re: Covent Garden Restaurant Recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 11:05
Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,374 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: Covent Garden Restaurant Recommendations?

I tried Porters last year and had a great meal there. It was a busy Saturday night and I couldn't fault the food or the service.

24. Re: Covent Garden Restaurant Recommendations?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 07:18