We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London is the greatest city in the world because....

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
3,822 posts
Save Topic
London is the greatest city in the world because....

Well, the next bit is up to you. So type away.

A S
San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
654 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London is the greatest city in the world because....

Perhaps another option, such as "London is a great city because...", should be offered, since the notion of "greatest" is so subjective.

A S
San Francisco, CA
Level Contributor
654 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London is the greatest city in the world because....

Oops, I forgot to answer the question. London is a great city because it protects and values its historical buildings, has a huge assortment of world class restaurants, nightclubs, theaters, and other entertainments, the people are diverse and friendly, and they speak English! I am kidding about the last one ;)

Chico
Level Contributor
370 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London is the greatest city in the world because....

Many excellent, free museums; wonderful shopping; loads of history and historical sites; easy transportation; beautiful parks; the mix of nationalities and cultures; beautiful buildings; the Thames....I could go on forever. We just returned from London two days ago and I'm re-living my trip via the photos. I got my wish and saw London under clear skies as we landed. The weather was so good we were in short sleeves in Hyde Park. After our return from Spain London was actually HOT. We had a great time and I can hardly wait to go back.

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: London is the greatest city in the world because....

Everything is taxed to the hilt ! I suppose someone has to pay.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Mauritius, Grand Baie
Level Contributor
20,523 posts
1,683 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London is the greatest city in the world because....

Your wallet will really feel the burden of paying all those entrance fees!!

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: London is the greatest city in the world because....

....... and don't forget the congestion charges, plus the way over priced public transport system ! Mile for mile it was cheaper to fly Concorde than travel on the tube ....... now there is no Concorde ... so Livingstone has gone crazy ..... thinks he can make even more money. God help Londoners ......

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
427 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: London is the greatest city in the world because....

. . . you can't swing a dead cat without hitting a great pub.

/just chew on that visual for a while

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: London is the greatest city in the world because....

Still chewing ! So whats your point ?.

Georgetown, Penang
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: London is the greatest city in the world because....

If any, knowing where you come from !

Macon, Georgia
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: London is the greatest city in the world because....

So smart and cosmopolitan, bustling with a hurried purpose on one street...so quaint and charming and come what may the next.

Architectural wonders lay claim to the landscape and stand grand and imposing, gracefully taking on the proud weathered patina of the centuries. Lush green fields alight here and there, adorned with bright crayola-colored blossoms and serene little pools. Many cultures and peoples mix and mingle and much teach, and take back to their little corners much learned.

Cornish Pasties and Steak and Ale pies. Lagers, Ales and Ciders (oh my.) Harrod's green bags and a box at Albert Hall, Tower Bridge and St. Paul. Red phone booths, red double deckers, Constable and Turner, Manet and Monet...do something or nothing, it will still be the best day : )