We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car hire

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
354 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Car hire

Hi we have used this company for car hire in the USA last year. We will be using a care for our 9 nights once we leave london. Are they a good company for the uk to book car hire? Or is it best to book direct with the rental car company's. thanks in advance. Julie

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,359 Reviews
from US$130.80*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,129 Reviews
from US$139.50*
US$155.00
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
517 Reviews
from US$118.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
477 Reviews
from US$348.40*
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
32,515 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car hire

You haven't given the name of any company let alone a link to their website.

To answer your question though I would book directly with the rental car company. There are third party booker sites for rental cars but they often give inadequate information regarding the actual company and their T+Cs, and they may charge their own fees for booking and changing reservations.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
354 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car hire

Sorry I thought I put it in the heading car hire 3000. Is the company I have used for the USA.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car hire

Having used them several times, I have never had a problem. If their quote is substantially better than you can obtain directly from a reputable car hire company, use them.

Terrigal, Australia
Level Contributor
2,523 posts
682 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car hire

hi,

b 4 u commit to any provider :- check out www.autoeurope.com.au , www.vroomvroom.com and www.ukcarrental.com

all rental car brokers - who may/should be able to provide you with a comparison between available rental companies in the area/s that you wish to hire from - informed decision !

(for the UK beware of CDW, SCDW, additional driver/s = sometimes hidden costs)

have a great trip!

Edited: 16 June 2013, 08:29
London, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car hire

Aside from the rental company, it's worth noting that it's normally much cheaper and easier to rent your car outside of London (in my experience anyway) - If I was you I'd get the train out to somewhere at the start of your trip, and rent a car there, then return do the reverse.

Avoids driving in London (which is not too much fun) and normally the extra cost of renting within london :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
809 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car hire

Hi

Just go direct with car hire company thare are planty to choose from and if not try this link.

http://www.rentalcars.com/

Regards

7. Re: Car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2013, 00:54
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,197 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car hire

Mfq - stop spamming this forum.

Reported.

Kuwait City, Kuwait
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Car hire

Whatever you do, please avoid company of CHAK reservations or car-hire-uk....we hired in august for 3 weeks and they gave no service at all...even did not turn up at Heathrow for like 4 hours and all calls just get routed to a remote call center. Even worse, they have debited our account for an unknown extra amount of almost 400 GBP and all emails go unanswered...dont know whether we shall ever see our money again. Their director was being investigated by BBC for deposit related fraud and I just wish I had known this piece of news before I booked them

Suffolk, United...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
11,255 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Car hire

Make sure you avoid Green Motion car hire!!

Put their name in the search box at the top right of this page!