We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Help for First Time Visit

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Help for First Time Visit

We'll be in London for three days and looking for a moderate priced hotel near attractions. Any perspectives on the Citizen M London Bankside or the Premier Inn London Blackfriar? I've checked the reviews but looking for any additional perspectives.

Thanks!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,264 reviews
from US$126.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
461 reviews
from US$105.20*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,087 reviews
from US$149.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from US$300.60*
County Dublin...
Level Contributor
28,965 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Help for First Time Visit

If your budget will stretch, book the PI Blackfriars.

Sarasota, Florida
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Help for First Time Visit

Thanks for the reply. Is this a good location to get to attractions?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Help for First Time Visit

Is the Premier Inn County Hall or Premier Inn Waterloo (Westminster Bridge) available during your visit? They would be my pick of the London Premier Inns. But Blackfiars would be fine as well.

Edited: 17 June 2013, 18:37
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,907 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Help for First Time Visit

I prefer the location of the PI Blackfriars, but a very great many visitors like the PIs that Tex has mentioned.

Yes, Blackfriars has good transport connections, by bus and by Underground. Heathrow airport to Blackfriars is a step free journey from start to finish on the Underground, with an easy cross platform change at Hammersmith. tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/blac…

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
244 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Help for First Time Visit

PI Blackfriars is fine - very convenient for the Tube & loads of buses run along Fleet Street to get around.

Just be aware, even I (a Brit used to our Hotels!) found the rooms a wee bit small there!

6. Re: Hotel Help for First Time Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2014, 06:16