We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving in less than 48 hrs! Questions!

NJ
Level Contributor
89 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving in less than 48 hrs! Questions!

I can't believe that after months & months of planning on being on TA at least 5 times daily - our trip is almost here, yeah!!! So here are a few last minute questions:

1. For those that live there, what's the weather expected to be like for the next week or so? I've checked BBC weather and Accuweather and they have different temps.

2. I have one converter and was wondering whether we could bring an extension cord so we can put a couple of things to charge (ie. camera charger & tablet to charge)?

3. What's the best place to have tea in the Chelsea area?

Thanks everyone on TA you can't imagine how much you have helped in the planning of this trip!

I will be posting a TR when we get back and we recover from jet lag and July 4th weekend parties!

Stanley, Falkland...
Level Contributor
32,979 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving in less than 48 hrs! Questions!

1. For those that live there, what's the weather expected to be like for the next week or so? I've checked BBC weather and Accuweather and they have different temps. YEP - NO-ONE KNOWS.

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
905 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving in less than 48 hrs! Questions!

Pretty warm but could also be a bit wet!

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London, Dry Tortugas National Park
Level Contributor
20,174 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving in less than 48 hrs! Questions!

For those that live there, what's the weather expected to be like for the next week or so?

We'll know for certain once that time period is over! Be prepared for everything--it can all happen, often within an hour.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,430 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving in less than 48 hrs! Questions!

Today it's sunny and 26c/79f. Forecast for the next week is for it to become much cooler with showers or longer spells of rain and quite windy. :-(

Essex
Level Contributor
28,544 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving in less than 48 hrs! Questions!

If you have not booked anywhere for Afternoon Tea, you may be too late, so where is "best" may now be irrelevent, compared to what is available...

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,012 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving in less than 48 hrs! Questions!

Rain on it's way but temps keeping in the 20's, should be pleasant when there's a brake in the rain.

Hampshire, England.
Level Contributor
3,881 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leaving in less than 48 hrs! Questions!

You won't need a "converter" to charge a camera and a tablet, just a plug adapter.

8. Re: Leaving in less than 48 hrs! Questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 05:17