We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have any body ever tried Express Airport Transport?

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
2 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Have any body ever tried Express Airport Transport?

My sister and I will arrive in London at 8:30pm.

We want to do some easy transport which can drive us direct to our hotel.

Is anybody ever tried Express Airport Transport? http://www.transfers-heathrow-airport.com

I want to know if its safe?

Thank you!!

109 replies to this topic
Wimborne, United...
1 post
Save Reply
11. Re: Have any body ever tried Express Airport Transport?

Bypass this transfer company - my family used them up in London last month from Heathrow to our Motel, the car was dirty and spelt rotten and they ran late. Driver hardly spoke to us the whole way and when he did we couldn't understand him. Would suggest you try someone else.

Note comments have been taken down - maybe they felt the same as our family did.

Islington
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Have any body ever tried Express Airport Transport?

The deleted comment was from someone whose only three posts were to slag off this company and highly praise another. I suspect it raised suspicions. Unfortunately it is not unknown for taxi firms to pose as ordinary punters on these forums. People are trusted more when they have a good record of commenting and offering advice on a variety of subjects.

13. Re: Have any body ever tried Express Airport Transport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 September 2013, 09:05

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,819 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Have any body ever tried Express Airport Transport?

> how would you know that the 3 deleted comments were for the same person if you were not linked with airport express transport

He, and I, know the three posts were made by the same person because we were here when the posts were made.

Your post will not be deleted merely for being critical of a service. It will be deleted if you post the same thing repeatedly (spam) or if you make unfounded allegations (so if Iggy were to report your post as a personal attack I think the moderators would accept that).

Edited: 07 September 2013, 08:20
Cardiff, United...
Destination Expert
for Cardiff
Level Contributor
7,945 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Have any body ever tried Express Airport Transport?

Somewhat of a bizarre rant, Sally M.

Fairly obviously, Iggyfitz knows that the three posts were by the same person because he read them before they were deleted.

And I'm not really sure what has raised your ire so much about his post, where all he notes is that it is not unknown for representatives of a company to post under the guise of comments things that may be detrimental to a competitor. Which is perfectly true as most people who didn't just sign up today would know.

Quite funny that you then determine that Iggyfitz must work for one of the companies involved as he lives in London. That does apply to quite a lot of people!

At the end of the day, Iggyfitz has a searchable record of posting helpful advice on these forums on a wide variety of subjects, and so people are a lot more likely to accept that that is a genuine account than someone who signs up solely to post repeatedly on one subject.

Islington
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Have any body ever tried Express Airport Transport?

I think someone may have thought I reported the post as inappropriate, but I did not, and was simply giving a possible explanation as to why someone else might have done so.

At the time I posted (post 12) there was only one deleted post here, and that was the one I was referring to. The person who had submitted that post had also posted (at roughly the same time) on two other threads about taxi services. They must therefore have sought out the threads about taxis, as they did not make comments on any other subject. Needless to say, their posts said how dreadful the company under discussion was, and directed people to another company (giving a link) that was absolutely wonderful.

17. Re: Have any body ever tried Express Airport Transport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 September 2013, 16:05

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,600 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Have any body ever tried Express Airport Transport?

sounds possible ?.....................

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
30,283 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Have any body ever tried Express Airport Transport?

I reported the earlier poster, not Sally M's first post. Reason? Duplicate posting; trawling up multiple threads and posting the exact same on each, thus cluttering the top of the forum. That's against TA posting guidelines, pure and simple.

Sally doesn't have duplicate posts so no need to report. Having seen this company's website I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole. No company address, the text reads like it's been put through google translate and full of stock images of telesales people that you can be sure aren't the genuine company. There are plenty of generally well reviewed car services on this forum. Pity you (both) didn't come on here and check before booking.

London, United...
Level Contributor
12,819 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: Have any body ever tried Express Airport Transport?

Sally M's first post was removed, I imagine, because it contained two attacks on Iggyfitz. This current post contains much of the content of the original but without the attacks. The current post appears to be within the posting guidelines.

Reply to: Have any body ever tried Express Airport Transport?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted