We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trasportation to Gatwick for 5:50am flight

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Trasportation to Gatwick for 5:50am flight

I'm just wondering what kind of travel options are available to get to Gatwick airport in teh middle of the night to make it to our 5:50 am flight. We will be staying near the Waterloo train station. Our flight is on July 7th (Sunday). Will there be any issues with transportation with it being sunday early "morning"? ANy input or suggestions would be great. Budget options are premium...

Thanks

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,465 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trasportation to Gatwick for 5:50am flight

Same advice as before.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k643…

e.g.

…nationalexpress.com/nxbooking/journey-list

Edited: 19 June 2013, 16:38
London, United...
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trasportation to Gatwick for 5:50am flight

Trains definitely run through the night - it will be a fairly painful experience for you, but there is a train that leaves London Victoria at 03.00, arriving at Gatwick Airport at 03.52. You could take a cab from your hotel to Victoria and the train from there. The National Express coaches probably run during the night as well, though I'm not sure of timings.

Other options would be to book a car service door to door, or to travel to the airport the night before and stay in a hotel close by, but neither of those would really fit your requirement for "budget options".

Edited: 19 June 2013, 16:40
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trasportation to Gatwick for 5:50am flight

Wow, its amazing what I forget in 2 months. I forgot I had posed this question already...Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

4. Re: Trasportation to Gatwick for 5:50am flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2014, 06:18