We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kew or Kensington Gardens

houston
Level Contributor
119 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Kew or Kensington Gardens

Visiting London and have one full day to spend in Gardens...I will be staying near Kensington Palace and heard the gardens there are very nice, but that Kew gardens are special. I have a whole day and want it to be a leisurely day so I don't want to try to see both. Which is better, Kew or Kensington Gardens? I love to garden so would be my focus. Thanks

Alta, Norway
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kew or Kensington Gardens

Kew.

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,164 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kew or Kensington Gardens

Kew is much more special IMO.

And since you are staying near Kensington Gardens you might find that at some point you'll find yourself walking through a part of it. Or at least walking along the border.

Evansville, Indiana
Level Contributor
49 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Kew or Kensington Gardens

We just got back and did both. If you are wanting to spend the day, I'd go with Kew. Kensington can be done when you have an hour or two to kill some afternoon or evening.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kew or Kensington Gardens

If you have the whole day then definitely Kew

Solihull
Level Contributor
4,097 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kew or Kensington Gardens

I spent a whole day at Kew a few years ago and still did not see it all

Amazing place.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
7,113 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kew or Kensington Gardens

If you go to Kew you can get into Kew Palace for free now.

East Sussex, United...
Level Contributor
5,340 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kew or Kensington Gardens

Another resounding vote for Kew Gardens from me

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
12,240 posts
241 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kew or Kensington Gardens

Check out the Chelsea Physic Garden too.

Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,212 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kew or Kensington Gardens

Kensington Gardens are not really gardens, thats what they call the other end of Hyde Park.

They are special if you have litte children, since the Princess Diana Memorial Playground is there. If it is only you, then defenitly Kew Gardens. PLease realise it is a Royal Botanic Garden, it is beautiful, huge( in a day you can do maybe three thirds of it). May be there are some trees or plants on this Globe, which are not represented there, then there are very very few of those. We love Kew. We go there every time we are in London, I am sure you will love it too.

If you like to feed the birds, dont forget to buy loaf or two of cheappest sliced bread. The pond there is so inviting!

Edited: 20 June 2013, 20:34
Netanya, Israel
Level Contributor
11,212 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kew or Kensington Gardens

Chelsea Physic is very nice. It is more appealing to those who take gardening seriously. It is very small. You can do it in 1.5 hours tops. Watch out, its openning days and hours are not easy( if I recall correctly).