We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Harry Potter Tour

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Palos Verdes...
5 posts
Save Topic
Which Harry Potter Tour

My 20 year daughter is studying in London this summer & my husband & I will fly out next month to meet her. She is a huge Harry Potter fan & wants to do one of the tours however there seems to be several. Should we do the Warner Brothers one? Theres also a Muggles walking tour? Has anybody done these tours and are they worth it?

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,441 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Harry Potter Tour

The walking tours are not uninteresting but location sites in London are limited so you should really head to the Warner Bros Studio Tour in Watford although you will need to purchase tickets in advance.

There is a really useful traveller article about your options but for some reason I can't find it to post the link. I am sure someone else will do so.

London, United...
Level Contributor
652 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Harry Potter Tour

I loved the Warner Bros Studios in Watford. If you want to go there, you should, however, book tickets asap. This is a very popular attraction and might sell out for the day(s) you would like to go. IMHO, it is a better value to book tickets directly on the Studio Homepage and take the train to Watford. There is also a Tour operator, but it's nearly twice the money and you have a set time when you have to be back at the bus.

The London Walks Tours are fantastic as well. Richard has a vast knowledge of Potter and the London sights. There are two (afaik) and both last about 2 hours.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
975 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Harry Potter Tour

Perhaps adamhornets is referring to this article about getting to Warner Brothers Studio Tour.

tripadvisor.in/Travel-g2691242-d2147749/Leav…

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,441 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Harry Potter Tour

Thanks Desi; that is the one.

It really ought to be on the London pages but there we go...

Ireland
Level Contributor
158 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Harry Potter Tour

I agree. If your a harry potter fan u need to do the studio tour. You get to see so much from the films, visit parts of the actual sets. There really is nothing like it esp if your a big fan. Its quite expensive but I felt it was well worth it. Its no length from London as well.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
18,526 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Harry Potter Tour

>>> It really ought to be on the London pages <<<

It was! However someone (not me) decided it belonged under Leavesden.

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
58 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Harry Potter Tour

We had the variety of Harry Potter fans in our group. My daughter read every book and is a huge fan. My sons are fans of the movies but never read the books. I liked the movies so didn't mind going to the Warner Bros Harry Potter but wondered whether it was worth the money. Well it was!!! Even if you're not the hugest fan, just seeing how they make movies is wonderful. It is a "go at your own pace" tour and we ended up staying 4 hours because there were soooo many interesting things to see and do. We took an easy tube ride to Watford where the Harry Potter busses pick you up....signs are very easy to spot. You do have to pay for the Harry Potter bus so bring cash.....I think it was something like 3 GBP round trip. And as others have said, you have to buy your tickets in advance on their website. They send you an email with the confirmation number which you need to input into their ticket machine when you arrive. However I did see what looked like a ticket window with personnel there so did wonder if you can buy at the "gate" but everything I read on the website only gave you the option of buying online. The ticket machine was alot faster than the ticket booth however. They have a reasonably priced food court when you enter....since there is no food once you get to the Harry Potter "world", I'd suggest eating before you go in. There is a Butter Beer wagon that sells of course the Butter Beer but I think they also had snacks but I did remember that was bit overpriced. Anyway, we highly recommend the Warner Bros tour....I can't imagine any walking tour being anywhere close to how great the Warner Bros tour was.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,908 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Harry Potter Tour

>wonder if you can buy at the "gate"<

You can only pre-book your date and time slot on line, the windows are there for you to collect your entry tickets, vouchers for the headsets and brochures (which you can collect in the store at the end of the tour).

There are a couple of refreshment kiosks after the first part of the tour but only sell drinks and a few food items, it is outside with a small area under cover near where the knight bus is located.

9. Re: Which Harry Potter Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2014, 05:16