We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easy jet flight arriving at 14.10 north term, 15.03 train?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
devon
Level Contributor
11 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Easy jet flight arriving at 14.10 north term, 15.03 train?

Hi, I would if anyone with knowledge of gatwick and gatwick train station can help.

I would like to book a first great western ticket from LGW. I am arriving at north terminal at 14.10 with easy jet from kefalonia, is it realistic to think I will be able to collect my luggage and get to the train station which I believe is in the south terminal to catch the 15.03 train?

I know I should allow for plane delays etc but their is a big price difference between booking 1 train and having a n open return.

The next train is 16.03 from LGW

Many thanks in advance

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,649 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easy jet flight arriving at 14.10 north term, 15.03 train?

If your flight was on time and immigration quiet (two big ifs) then you might just make it but surely it makes more sense to book the later train and not have to worry or rush.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easy jet flight arriving at 14.10 north term, 15.03 train?

Book the 1703 and take it easy. It would be touch and go even if you landed on time, and you have no idea if you'll land on time.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
36,619 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easy jet flight arriving at 14.10 north term, 15.03 train?

I don't think it is realistic. you would have to pass passport ccontrol, wait for your bags then get to the south terminal to catch a train all in 55 minutes. To risky for me.

I would just book the later train and have a coffee whilst waiting.

UK
Level Contributor
49,561 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Easy jet flight arriving at 14.10 north term, 15.03 train?

Oops I should have said book the 1603, I thought the 1603 was the one you were hoping to get rather than 1503..

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Easy jet flight arriving at 14.10 north term, 15.03 train?

I agree, get the later train as it will be really tight to catch the earlier one and that would mean losing the money on the first ticket and having to buy a new more expensive one.

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,285 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Easy jet flight arriving at 14.10 north term, 15.03 train?

What's the refund policy on the early ticket if you can't use it ?

Mike

Exeter
Level Contributor
5 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Easy jet flight arriving at 14.10 north term, 15.03 train?

Thank you for all your replies and yes it does make sense to just book the later one and relax but need to get back to Devon and all back to work and school the next day so an extra hour at home could make a big difference. I think I will check the refund policy as someone has suggested and if that is no good will book the later train. I just really didn't know how far away the station was.

Thanks again

Guildford, United...
Level Contributor
2,463 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Easy jet flight arriving at 14.10 north term, 15.03 train?

I have gone from a BA flight to the station in less time but on other occasions baggage has taken ages and I wouldn't have made it. If it is a non changeable ticket I would bookthe later one and have a coffee - the train to Reading doesn't usually have refershments!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,223 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Easy jet flight arriving at 14.10 north term, 15.03 train?

The train station adjoins the airport but as mentioned the unknown factors are actual landing times and Immigration (though if you have an epassport, that's usually very fast IME).

Perhaps look at on Offpeak fare which can be used more flexibly than an Advance which needs to be used on a specified train.

10. Re: Easy jet flight arriving at 14.10 north term, 15.03 train?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 10:02
Edited: 22 June 2013, 10:02