We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London to Brussels by train.

Fort Lee, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
London to Brussels by train.

Is a day trip to Brussels from London worth the time? Has anyone done this, and could you recommend an itinerary? We'd like to leave London in the morning and return at night while seeing as much as we can in Brussels. Worthwhile day trip?

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,234 reviews
from US$140.13*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
1,957 reviews
from US$144.25*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
515 reviews
from US$97.54*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
814 reviews
from US$97.54*
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,073 posts
708 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London to Brussels by train.

Doable but better stay for two days which let you cover almost everything of Brussels.

Edited: 23 June 2013, 02:42
Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Air Travel
Level Contributor
29,956 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London to Brussels by train.

I don't see why not. Brussels is only two hours on the Eurostar and many people do day trips to Paris that way. You should visit the Brussels forum for advice on an itinerary.

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g188644-i205-Bruss…

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London to Brussels by train.

I did the London to Brussels daytrip and its very easy. I believe the Eurostar takes a little over two hours. Was able to see the Grand Plas and surrounding museums as well as stroll around the shops, etc. if this isn't your first trip to London it's an enjoyable daytrip. Be sure to try the waffles and beer. Delicious

adelaide
Level Contributor
1,670 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London to Brussels by train.

don't know about waffles and beer

how about Smurfs and chocolate

that would be a great day trip

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Liverpool
Level Contributor
15,528 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: London to Brussels by train.

I'd highly recommend going to Brussels on a day trip using Eurostar.

From Midi station to Grand Place is only a 20 minute walk, or you can get a train from Midi to Brussels Central.

Some of the chocolate and waffle shops are expensive and a bit tacky, as are some of the bars, especially around Grand Place; but go off the beaten track and you can get some bargains.

One of the best bars that I would recommend is the Poechenellekelder (try saying that after a few strong Belgian beers!) which is by the Manneken Pis.

Edited: 23 June 2013, 11:55
Fort Lee, New...
Level Contributor
5 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: London to Brussels by train.

Thank you !!!!

7. Re: London to Brussels by train.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 June 2014, 06:16