We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from London Liverpool Street to Harwich Cruise Port

USA
Level Contributor
45 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Train from London Liverpool Street to Harwich Cruise Port

I know there is a direct train from the London Liverpool Street Station to Harwich Cruise Port on the day a cruise ship is in port. Checking the price shows 30 Pounds for the one way direct trip, while the regular trains with one stop (almost every hour) are listed for 8 Pounds and are only about 5 minutes longer. Why is there such a big price difference and what would be the benefit to spend the extra money other than the train being direct. Thank you so much for your help.

Essex
Level Contributor
27,786 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Train from London Liverpool Street to Harwich Cruise Port

There are, however, electrical problems on the line between Liverpool St and Shenfield.

Trains are still running but there have been delays of up,to 20min...

So make sure you check on this well before your journey, and give yourself plenty of travelling time....

UK
Level Contributor
6,286 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Train from London Liverpool Street to Harwich Cruise Port

Bank Holiday Engineering Work... sigh. Looks like the only trains that are running that day are the SLOW trains to Ipswich (i.e., no Norwich trains). What fun. Glad I'm not travelling that day.

But... at least it's not a replacement bus service, something Harwich has had to endure quite a few week-ends recently.

13. Re: Train from London Liverpool Street to Harwich Cruise Port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2014, 05:18