We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rental through www.homeaway.co.uk

Alberta
Level Contributor
117 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
rental through www.homeaway.co.uk

Has anyone had any experience with renting through www.homeaway.co.uk, specifically the following unit. What is this area like? Am torn between this apartment, and one (different site) that is near St. James tube stop on Marsham.

http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p1080505

Thanks again.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: rental through www.homeaway.co.uk

HomeAway is a listing service and, like all listing services, you must analyze each flat and landlord individually. With that said, HomeAway is usually very reliable and does require documentary evidence of the landlord's right to rent the property.

Regarding that specific listing, http://www.homeaway.co.uk/p1080505 , that is a relatively new listing and Eve Cross has these additional listings (so you can read some more reviews about here properties);

vrbo.com/my/…kensington-chelsea

Do you have a link to the flat on Marsham?

Edited: 26 June 2013, 14:54
Alberta
Level Contributor
117 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rental through www.homeaway.co.uk

Here is the Marsham one. I believe homefromhome is more of an agency, and you deal with them. Correct me if I am wrong.

www.homefromhome.co.uk/properties/20222

Thanks.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: rental through www.homeaway.co.uk

Correct, HfH is an agency and you deal directly with them. That is a new listing from HfH and looks like a nice flat. Its location is more central than the Holland Park flat. Although that area of Westminster is more of a business/office area, so not a lot of restaurants and pubs in the immediate area. You are not far from Victoria and Pimlico which will give access to more restaurants and pubs, plus a large Sainsbury's.

Edited: 26 June 2013, 18:13
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
22,290 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rental through www.homeaway.co.uk

I would go with Marsham St (please note we do not truncate place names) over Holland Park (but not really HP) in a heartbeat. Great transport links, handy for some key sites and although there's less in the way of restaurants immediately on the doorstep - in fact there are still more than you would get to in a week or two - there's enough nearby for a short trip.

Alberta
Level Contributor
117 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rental through www.homeaway.co.uk

Thanks for the input. I was leaning towards Marsham St, so will go with that one.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: rental through www.homeaway.co.uk

We got a vacation rental through Homeaway for a property in London last year. Had a great stay with no issues. We love London. Hope this helps?

Houston, TX
Level Contributor
58 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rental through www.homeaway.co.uk

We used www.homeaway.co.uk for our weekly rental last week in London. Professional and safe company. But it's really an advertiser of rentals, kind of like www.vrbo.com. While you see the property on homeaway, you really are dealing with the owners after that introduction. We personally ended up with a great apartment at a very reasonable rate, paid through paypal and have already received our deposit back through paypal. Then of course homeaway contacted me for a review of the property.

Alicante, Spain
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: rental through www.homeaway.co.uk

Hi wizofwoz,

I am organizing a family trip to London and I am thinking of booking with homeaway. Could you please tell where you stayed. Thanks.

9. Re: rental through www.homeaway.co.uk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 March 2015, 06:35