We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

London Concert Help (early July) - Tix - Who & Stones

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
9 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
London Concert Help (early July) - Tix - Who & Stones

Hi, I just planned a last minute trip to the UK and will be in London the week of July 6th - so there is an opportunity to see the Stones in Hyde Park on that Sunday and The Who at Wembley on Monday the 7th.

Unfortunately as a US citizen I am not sure how to get tickets to such big events - ie I usually buy theatre tickets etc and can pick up at the box office. But that is not possible obviously for these huge events via Ticketmaster - which will want a UK shipping address and UK credit card. Also, I imagine the show in Hyde Park is not seated, ie it's standing room only? I'd love to see the Stones but not sure I can hack standing for hours!

Does anybody know other ticket options that hopefully won't jack up the Ticketmaster sort of fees too much (i.e. to scalper levels)? Thanks!

California
Level Contributor
689 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: London Concert Help (early July) - Tix - Who & Stones

I have purchased tickets through Ticketmaster for a UK concert (The O2) it was no problem. I used a US Credit card and US address and my tickets came in the US Mail, I had actual tickets as opposed to the ones I just print out on my PC at home for US events. The only problem is they came a few days before the concert and we left a few days before the concert...I remember I was freaking out but knew I could count on someone at home to fedex them to me if need be. I think they came in the mail the day before we left and I had purchased them MONTHS before. Have you even tried Ticketbastards???

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,842 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: London Concert Help (early July) - Tix - Who & Stones

A colleague paid £170 for his £100 Stones tickets some time ago, and that was from a friend of a friend. Tickets are now many times more than that on the black market.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,963 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: London Concert Help (early July) - Tix - Who & Stones

Looks like they have a few returns available for hyde park and hospitality tickets. I'd try and book asap if you want them.

Official site:- bst-hydepark.com/events/…the-rolling-stones

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
9 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: London Concert Help (early July) - Tix - Who & Stones

Thanks for the replies. I guess Hyde Park isn't a normal "seated" concert though? I'm not sure I could survive standing that long. I was hoping tickets for The Who would be the "buy & print at home" variety but I guess not. I fly out next week so I may just have to wait and see what's left from a ticket agent when I get there.....

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
666 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: London Concert Help (early July) - Tix - Who & Stones

(a) If you want tickets you have to look NOW, then again every ten minutes until the concert starts

(b) I can't imagine seeing the Stones and staying seated, but I don't know your physical limitations.

Last year I was talked into going to a Hyde Park concert the day before the Olympics opening - I am middle aged, don't do well in the sun, get a migraine or asthma attack if you look at me funny, never stand for more than an hour or so at a time - there were 60 thousand people there and I had a great time. Arrangements won't be the same but I had flushing toilets, running water, edible food, and plenty of opportunity in the less exciting parts to sit at picnic tables or just on the ground, The ground was fortunately dry and I brought a plastic bag to sit on.

If you can't stand at all, not even for Mick Jagger, then look at the concert organizers info for disabled visitors. I assume they will have huge video screens so you'll be able to see while still feeling that the event is live.

6. Re: London Concert Help (early July) - Tix - Who & Stones

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2014, 05:18