We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Natural History Museum and Science Museum

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Topic
Natural History Museum and Science Museum

My girlfriend and I will be visiting London for 6 days. Every day is packed with what we want to do, one day we have these two museums, will it be too much? We need to be finished for about 5:30pm to get back for a theater showing. We don't want to run around to get it all done but we don't mind skipping a few bits that don't interest us. Can it be done? Cheers

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,581 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Natural History Museum and Science Museum

Yes, I think so - they are right next to each other in South Kensington, and as they are free to enter you can just go to the areas that interest you the most without feeling 'short changed' that you haven't been able to see all of it. It will be a pretty full day, but it is do-able.

The NHM has a handy list here of what it considers to be the major highlights, which you might find useful if you're short on time: nhm.ac.uk/visit-us/…index.html

London, United...
Level Contributor
346 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Natural History Museum and Science Museum

No, it won't be too much. In fact, it's almost a tradition to visit them both on the same day. I havent been for a while, but there used to be a connecting door- I suppose there still is!

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
6,818 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Natural History Museum and Science Museum

>>but there used to be a connecting door- I suppose there still is!<<

Apparently that closed when they started charging years ago, and never re-opened. I remember it from when I used to go as a kid, and very useful it was too. They should re-open it.

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Natural History Museum and Science Museum

Thanks thats great! Whilst im here I have one day that isn't so packed. I am visiting the Sea Life / Churchill War Rooms and then I have a good 4 hours afterwards. We want to go to Harrods and we need to be at Northumberland Avenue for 7:30PM which seems to be just down the road from the War Rooms? In which order would be best to do these without going back on ourselves or wasting time on tubes/buses. Thanks

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
126 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Natural History Museum and Science Museum

Sorry, in the morning we will be leaving Shepherds Bush

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,727 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Natural History Museum and Science Museum

Probably start off at Harrods because the other three are in the same general area. Then travel to Sealife on the South Bank , then walk over Westminster Bridge to Churchill War Rooms and then walk up Whitehall to the junction of Northumberland Avenue. That's a very full day.

Depends how long you want to spend at the two museums but Harrods is not too far from them and probably makes more sense to do it before or after the museums if time permits.

7. Re: Natural History Museum and Science Museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 July 2014, 06:18