We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Heathrow Terminal 3 to Cambridge

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
From Heathrow Terminal 3 to Cambridge

Could anyone please advise me how to get from Heathrow Terminal 3 to Cambridge. Should I take the tube at Heathrow to King's Cross and then Train to Cambridge. If yes, please tell the details for so doing? Thank you (I prefer train/tube to coach because I can see a bit of UK's transport). Google map advises me to take Heathrow Express to Paddington, then change for tube to King's Cross and then train to Cambridge, is that advisable for someone carrying a luggage?

Mentioned in this post
Heathrow Express
Heathrow Express
935 Reviews
London, UK
Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath from...
5,364 Reviews
from US$130.60*
Special Offer
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, and Bath...
2,131 Reviews
from US$139.30*
US$154.70
Likely To Sell Out
Warner Bros Harry Potter Admission...
519 Reviews
from US$117.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
478 Reviews
from US$347.80*
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,231 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Heathrow Terminal 3 to Cambridge

Albert - please see your other thread.

You can get the Piccadilly line direct to Kings Cross, exit and take the train from the same (above ground) station to Cambridge, usually from platforms 9-11.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Heathrow Terminal 3 to Cambridge

I'd second parklandwalk's advice, its a relatively straightforward journey via underground then direct Train, no need for HEX. About an hour on the underground, and then an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes for the train ride to Cambridge.

Let us know the date you wish to travel though, in case there are engineering works that may affect your journey.

3. Re: From Heathrow Terminal 3 to Cambridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 July 2013, 20:35
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
34,081 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: From Heathrow Terminal 3 to Cambridge

Take the National Express coach from the Central Bus Station - no problem with luggage and the coach stops in the centre of Cambridge

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
23,231 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: From Heathrow Terminal 3 to Cambridge

Already covered.

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186338-i17-k664…

And our spammer is back (reported).

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: From Heathrow Terminal 3 to Cambridge

Thank you, Parklandwalk and AaronB101 for your advise. I'd arrive at 14 July 2013.

Norwich, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: From Heathrow Terminal 3 to Cambridge

I can't see any major issues affecting that journey on the 14th, there is a warning a few trains may run slightly late due to engineering works but no closures or bus substitutions so you are good to go!

8. Re: From Heathrow Terminal 3 to Cambridge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2014, 06:19