We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What area or specific hotel for couple?

minneapolis
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
What area or specific hotel for couple?

We are looking for a recommendation on an area of London, or a specific hotel, where we can walk out of our hotel and are in the middle of the action. For us that is shopping, eating, entertainment and cocktails. We are in our 40s and have a budget of around $300 per night. Thank you for any direction that you can give us.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: What area or specific hotel for couple?

I just told you, I arrive the 1st week of August... Is that pertinent? I am just wondering about the (regional) area that the hotel is in and about the hotel itself (if it is nice/good or known for being bad, etc.) not sure what the date I am arriving has to do with my questions.

Edited: 06 July 2013, 03:08
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: What area or specific hotel for couple?

Well, I was going to see if I could suggest some alternate hotels. Given it is just a month away, your arrival date would allow me to check availability. Never mind - enjoy your trip.

Winchelsea, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,630 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What area or specific hotel for couple?

Just a tip that, whilst bars and refurbished/modern/trendy pubs in London are getting very good at the cocktail thing, you won't find them in your traditional boozer. Requests for a martini there will bring forth a glass of vermouth, orders of a dirty martini will generate puzzlement and laughter, as explained here : …about.com/od/…How-To-Order-A-Beer_2.htm

Here's some ideas : standard.co.uk/goingout/bars/the-most-cuttin…

But do try a proper pub whilst you're here - The Seven Stars in Carey St and Ye Olde Mitre off Hatton Garden would be my suggestions. If you're not beer drinkers, try a half of cider.

Mike

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
41,627 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: What area or specific hotel for couple?

Rising Star,

You have jumped onto someone else's post and it's causing confusion. Your budget is lower, you are travelling with a child unlike the OP and I think your dates are different.

Please could you start your own thread giving as much information about your stay as possible including dates. I think you will find that we will help with information.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: What area or specific hotel for couple?

Thank you Mike! My husband is a beer lover, so he will be excited to go to a proper pub!

Annie

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: What area or specific hotel for couple?

Adamhornets -Sure. Sorry for the confusion.

17. Re: What area or specific hotel for couple?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2014, 05:17