We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good shows for 13- and 15-year olds

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Good shows for 13- and 15-year olds

Hello!

We'll be in London in a few weeks for about 5 days and would like to catch a show. Traveling with my teenagers and would like suggestions on good theatre shows. Thank you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Good shows for 13- and 15-year olds

Hello

I would recommend the following which are good for teenagers.

Wicked

Jersey boys

Lion king( good for all ages)

Mamma Mia

Matilda

We will rock you

Stomp

The bodyguard ( only if a fan of Whitney Houston)

Hope this helps, you can get a lot of good deals which combine a meal and show through lastminute.com,

Group on and shops ion leicester square. Also if you book early enough you can get tickets for £15 for matinee and weekday shows, you can also check for standby tickets as they can sell these cheaply as well.

Enjoy!

nyc
Level Contributor
276 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Good shows for 13- and 15-year olds

How about Shakespeare at the globe, billy Elliot, something british.

nyc
Level Contributor
276 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good shows for 13- and 15-year olds

Monty pythons spamalot would be perfect for teens.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,604 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good shows for 13- and 15-year olds

Boys or girls? Wicked is perfect for girls; not sure teen boys would enjoy it as much.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Good shows for 13- and 15-year olds

War Horse

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
29 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Good shows for 13- and 15-year olds

Thank you for your replies. I have a boy and a girl. Surprisingly they both said Lion King...but hubby is not keen on that one. We will have to research some of the other suggestions. Can't wait to visit!

Roeselare, Belgium
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Good shows for 13- and 15-year olds

Matilda, or Charlie and the Chocolate Factory: both have charm, exuberance and humour to please all ages.

NC
Level Contributor
66 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Good shows for 13- and 15-year olds

Definitely reconsider the Lion King . . . it was not first on my list as I had seen the video many times with my kids and thought I would be bored. Was I ever wrong and the play turned out to be a highlight of our week in London. Fabulous costumes, singers and general experience. My husband enjoyed it as much as my 24 year old daughter.

County Dublin...
Level Contributor
25,611 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Good shows for 13- and 15-year olds

Yup,they'll enjoy Lion King. And your OH may sup a pint in the Wellington next door.

London
Level Contributor
2,911 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Good shows for 13- and 15-year olds

"Wicked is perfect for girls; not sure teen boys would enjoy it as much." Really? The only people I know who have seen Wicked (and by all accounts loved it) are men in their 20s and 30s!

I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned On Man, Two Guvnors, without a doubt one of the funniest things I've ever seen on the London stage. I think that the humour would probably be pitched at such a level as to be entertaining to ages from 13 and upwards.

You don't say exactly when you are visiting, but if it's end of July/beginning of August that coincides with the Bolshoi Ballet's summer stretch at the Royal Opera House (Monday 29 July–Saturday 17 August 2013). They are doing Swan Lake, La Bayadère, The Sleeping Beauty, Jewels, and The Flames of Paris. It may be that they also visit Dallas, but I think that the chance to see them in London would be worth seizing.