We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle to Dover Cruise port

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Shuttle to Dover Cruise port

The shuttle buses I have researched online do not go on the days that meet The MSC Musica. We would like a shuttle or some sort of transport which goes to Dover port on September 10.

What is the bet way to get to Dover from A Kensington hotel that is convenient but not too expensive if that is possible.

London
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shuttle to Dover Cruise port

There are no van style shared shuttles you find in a lot of countries as they cannot compete with public transport. The shuttle buses you looked at are large 50 seat tour buses that just run on days when a large cruise ship with mostly North American passengers are in port, not used to using public transport.

Look at the train services from St Pancras, Charing Cross, Victoria and London Bridge in Central London to Dover Priory Station. From there its an £8 taxi to the cruise terminal.

england
Level Contributor
5,438 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shuttle to Dover Cruise port

when I have sailed out of Dover I have got to Dover Priory by train from London and the cruise line lays on shuttle buses from Dover Priory station to the Terminal, ask them.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shuttle to Dover Cruise port

Thank you for your reply. I will look up the trains. What is the best (closest) station to go to from Kensington High Street to catch the train to Dover Priory?

London, United...
Level Contributor
258 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shuttle to Dover Cruise port

victoria station is the closest to kensington, not far at all.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,983 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shuttle to Dover Cruise port

The fast trains from St Pancras take about half the time compared to the trains from Victoria and are only a few pounds more so I think it worth the longer (taxi?) journey from your hotel to St Pancras

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Shuttle to Dover Cruise port

Thankyou so much for your information.

7. Re: Shuttle to Dover Cruise port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 06:19