We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need help from Heathrow to White Chapel please

colorado
Level Contributor
129 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
need help from Heathrow to White Chapel please

What is the easiest way for a family of 3 to get from Heathrow (terminal 3, I think) to The Ibis on White Chapel? Any tube ticket advise is greatly appreciated!

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,233 reviews
from US$125.50*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
439 reviews
from US$104.40*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,069 reviews
from US$148.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Harry Potter Tour of Warner Bros...
628 reviews
from US$100.10*
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
750 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: need help from Heathrow to White Chapel please

Take Piccadilly from Heathrow to South Kensington and transfer to District line toward White Chapel. Easy ride!

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,368 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: need help from Heathrow to White Chapel please

Aldgate East is better located (IMO) for the Ibis Budget Whitechapel, but it's the same journey, just one stop earlier.

Also I would change at Hammersmith rather than South Kensington as there you have cross-platform interchange between Piccadilly and District Lines.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,605 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need help from Heathrow to White Chapel please

wirewiper is very likely fitter than I, as I find the stairs at Aldgate East station a challenge, and to that end I'd go to Whitechapel station and walk from there to the hotel .... or (far more likely) take the 205 from King's Cross.

The change at Hammersmith from Piccadilly to District line will take 10 seconds; it will take five minutes and include stairs, escalator and a traipse on the flat at South Kensington station. Make the change at Hammersmith.

Depending on your arrival date you may find the District line party closed for planned works; please let us know the time of day and day of the week you'll arrive at Heathrow.

Buses are a better choice than the Underground for some journeys. Stop K is about a dozen paces from the entrance of the hotel, with stop J just across the road. tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/…whitechapel-a4.pdf Eleven buses call at Aldgate, making it a very handy place to connect as well: tfl.gov.uk/gettingaround/maps/buses/pdf/aldg…

If you'd like to stock up on snacks and drinks, the big Sainsbury's behind Whitechapel Road has long opening hours. Turn left at the library, erm Idea Store (who chose that hideous name?), with the shop about a minute's walk from the main road.

The Whitechapel Bell Foundry at Fieldgate Street cast your country's Liberty Bell; be sure to give it a nod as you pass by.

4. Re: need help from Heathrow to White Chapel please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2014, 05:18