We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cosmos coach tours starting in london

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
cosmos coach tours starting in london

Can anyone tell me where in London the Cosmos Coach Tours start from. All I have been able to find out is they give London Central in their itineraries. I understand that it is a case of several coaches leaving for Dover with the passengers for all the tours departing that day. But as I am leaving Australia for the UK in two weeks and the coach tour doesn't depart until 24 August I am need this inforamtion ASAP. Getting it from the Tour Company is like getting blood from a stone it seems.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
54,916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cosmos coach tours starting in london

Whether the first stop is Dover or if you've booked a UK tour, if the description is 'London Central' then the departure point is very likely going to be Victoria Coach Station in Buckingham Palace Road. Some tours - not Cosmos, if memory serves - pick up pax at Canada Water station, but that can't really be considered central London, even with the best intentions.

The website isn't very forthcoming about such important details, seems to be a rather key point to have neglected.

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cosmos coach tours starting in london

Thanks for that, I suspected it would be there ot posibly a major railwy station. I have my brother in the UK doing some chasing up for me. But appreciate your help.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,656 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cosmos coach tours starting in london

They may also pick up from a few different London hotels as many of their clients arrive in London and stay at one of their recommended hotels for a few days before starting a tour. The Novotel West in Hammersmith is certainly one they use but there are others.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
312 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cosmos coach tours starting in london

I did an England/Scotland/Wales tour with Cosmos in 2008 (a while ago I know) and the pick up hotel was Kensington Close Hotel - maybe contacting that hotel might help.

I wonder why they are being so secretive about their pick up points? I don't remember having that problem when I booked.

Good luck and happy travels!

Judi.

Glen Cove, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cosmos coach tours starting in london

I would like to do a coach tour of UK and would appeciate any input re: which ones people have found to be good. Would especially like to visit Stonehenge, Bath, Lake District, Stratford on Avon , York, Chester and Hadrians Wall. Many companies seem to fit many of those places so would like some feedback from other travellers. Thanks.

Watford
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
40,656 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cosmos coach tours starting in london

Pamela,

This forum isn't really geared to answering questions about coach tours and there isn't a separate one devoted to tour operators. Most of us here would encourage you to plan an independent tour although there are many reasons why some people prefer the security of a package that includes air fare, accommodation and coaching.

Rather than digging up an six month old thread and seeing as you are planning on touring the whole country I think you might do better to start a new thread but post the question in the UK forum - tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g186216-i15-United…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
782 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cosmos coach tours starting in london

If you go online http://www.cosmostours.com.au/ find the tour you are taking, go to dates/prices, expand August, there is a heading, view hotels, click on hotel and a list comes up with names/addresses. For instance ' Six Countries, Venice & Paris' 24 Aug shows departure point Jurys Inn Chelsea, Imperial Road London

Edited: 24 January 2014, 08:35
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
782 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cosmos coach tours starting in london

oops, just noticed date of original posting.

Auckland Region...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: cosmos coach tours starting in london

I done the tour of UK Scotland Irelnd and Wales .

Picked up frome Jury Inn Kensington finished at Kensington jurys inn. was shocked at the price of the room.Would recommending finding accomadation else where and taxi to the hotel they pick up from.

Amazing tour guide Andrew and coach driver George for the Cosmos Tour .

They are an asset to Cosmos the 2 together working together...

Would only ever do a Cosmos Tour.

Flew from NZ to do it.They list the hotels they pick up from.

10. Re: cosmos coach tours starting in london

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2015, 05:15