We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last week, in London . . .

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Middle Caicos
Level Contributor
678 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Last week, in London . . .

Returned from London yesterday. I am choosing from the nearly 1600 images and uploading them to a gallery. I plan to work on a trip report and review all attractions/eats on TA over the next couple of weeks.

I wanted to thank everyone for their contribution to this forum. The knowledge gained from your participation made the trip relatively easy and stress and anxiety free. In addition, armed with proper local etiquette (Tube, for example) and safety info (pick pocket do's and dont's for example) was insightful and something of which we were mindful during our trip. Many thanks.

TRIP REPORT PREVIEW. - The weather was pretty much fantastic with only one gray day, which we did not mind at all.

We did not have a bad meal- not one. We ate primarily in Soho in the area of Wardour, Dean, Poland Streets.

Everyone was very friendly and helpful and polite.

It was easy to navigate around given all of the information and signage, everywhere.

Our centrally located flat lived up to our expectations. We were happy to avoid a hotel experience.

We did not have a strict plan for our visit and did not have much longer than a 15-20 minute wait for most things we did (But did have an overall well informed knowledge of our options, their locations, and basic information like hours open, ticket prices, etc.)

The Tube/trains are easy to use. We walked, explored, stopped for a beer and a snack here and there almost all day from 9 a.m., sometimes until 9:00 p.m. We didn't cover at least 1/2 of the items I had in my list of potential attractions.

David Bowie Is, the catalyst for this trip, was a great experience for a longtime Bowie fan, like me. (This was the only ticket we purchased in advance)

The trip was one of our favorite. We did a lot, and barely scratched the surface.

rhyl, north wales
Level Contributor
1,005 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last week, in London . . .

Glad you had a great trip,we only got back from our trip on Wednesday of this week and already missing London ,roll on November

Darren

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
20,751 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Last week, in London . . .

Thanks Amy - glad you had a good trip - maybe you'll get a chance to return since you had so much on your list. There is certainly always plenty to do in London.

Middle Caicos
Level Contributor
678 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last week, in London . . .

parklandwalk

We will, no doubt be back.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Last week, in London . . .

Nice to hear your trip went well and we'll get a live review of an Uber London Apartment.

Middle Caicos
Level Contributor
678 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last week, in London . . .

Princi review with pics - tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g186338-d1…

Middle Caicos
Level Contributor
678 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Last week, in London . . .

Daquise review with pics - tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g186338-d718…

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Last week, in London . . .

Thanks for posting the link to the reviews, it's great you've added photos.

Middle Caicos
Level Contributor
678 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Last week, in London . . .

Working on a trip report now, will have links to photos as well

9. Re: Last week, in London . . .

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2014, 07:19