We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels near Paddington station

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
36 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
hotels near Paddington station

Looking for medium priced ($150 per night) hotel within walking distance to Paddington station.

Can anyone help me please? Thanks in advance.

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,260 reviews
from US$126.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
458 reviews
from US$105.30*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,086 reviews
from US$149.40*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.00*
US$334.40
warrensburg,MO
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: hotels near Paddington station

$ ? What are they?

Pounds please!

Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,574 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: hotels near Paddington station

Is there a reason why it *must* be near Paddington? If it's anything to do with Heathrow then there are probably other options that you could look at that would be much better

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
36 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotels near Paddington station

Yes, we leave out of Heathrow next morning. Where would you suggest that is still in the city but with easy access to transport to Heathrow? thanks

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotels near Paddington station

Almost anywhere on tne Piccadilly line. Earls Court is often mentioned but it depends very much what time your plane leaves you could also stay more centrally.

Don't forget that your original intention to presumably use the Heathrow Express to get to Paddington would have had you wasting perhaps 60% of your hotel budget so you can also look at a more expensive hotel should that be necessary.

Also, where are you coming from prior to the hotel.

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
36 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hotels near Paddington station

We are taking the train in from Paris that day-arriving around 4p.m. our flt. back to the U.S. leaves Heathrow about 10:00a.m. the next morning. I read that there is a "quick" train to Heathrow out of Paddington and so I tht that it wld be a good idea to stay in close proximity to the station. Would appreciate any other suggestions.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotels near Paddington station

Just stay at the area your train gets in, Kings Cross. From there its a straight shot to Heathrow on the tube at about 20% the price of the fast train, the catch with that being the train itself is fast but very expensive and usually saves little time since people travel out f their way to use it. In your case, for the sake of leaving 30 minutes earlier, at 6 instead of 630, you can get to heathrow at the same time as if you'd caught the HEX, 7am.

There is a Premier Inn at Kx, usually well priced, and that would avoid needing to travel that day, find somewhere to eat, maybe head down to see a few sites, next morning walk 2min to Kx , direct tube to Heathrow takes an hour, no changes, at 6 am you'll be we'll ahead of the commuters.

For the money you've saved you can have a nice meal out in London that evening.

Edited: 07 July 2013, 23:44
Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
36 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotels near Paddington station

You are so very kind to have helped me with this booking. I was not able to get the Premier Hotel (no twin bed room available) but I was able to book the Thistle Euston. The description said it was near the station-hope they are right. Thanks again for being so generous with your time and information. If you ever come to Nashville Tn. USA hope I can be of some help to you.

UK
Level Contributor
49,560 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: hotels near Paddington station

the description said it was near the station-hope they are right.

========

Its just a few minutes walk from Euston to Kings Cross. Your train comes in at St Pancras which is between the two,so just print a map of that whole area out and you can walk there. Next morning , a marginally longer walk back to Kings Cross and then its a direct tube journey to Heathrow. Take a tube that is marked for your terminal. (you can take others but I think its a bit fiddly)

Plenty of restaurants and pubs in the Euston area but you can also head into the centre of town for some later night sightseeing. Or if you fancy a more genuine pub practically right next to your hotel, try this http://www.thebreelouise.com/

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,881 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hotels near Paddington station

The walk from Cardington Street to KX will take 10 - 15 minutes, but if you don't particularly want to schlep your bags to KX you may make a step free Underground journey from Euston station with one easy change en route.

King's Cross has a great many hoardings in place along Euston Road, with slightly limited access to the Underground station. Given the choice, I'd start at Euston. From the rail concourse take an escalator down to the Underground ticket hall, then another down to the Victoria line platforms for a train towards Brixton. Don't get too comfortable though, you're not going too far.

Alight at Green Park. Take the escalator up to the ticket hall then another down to the Piccadilly line platforms for a train towards either LHR T1,3 and T5 or towards LHR T4 and T1,3. If your flight departs from T1 or T3 a train towards T5 will be faster as the others linger at T4 several minutes before going on to T1,3.

The change at Green Park is easy to make with luggage in tow (I've done it often), and using the escalators is considerably easier than following the directions in the station for the change. Allow an hour from Euston to LHR after boarding the train, so an hour and a quarter to 90 minutes all told for the journey from hotel to airport.

There are a number of restos and cafes in Goodge Street, about 15 minutes' walk from the Thistle and just west of Tottenham Court Road. Alternately, amble back to St Pancras station for a choice of cafes on the concourse; you can also recce to decide if you'd like to make the journey again the next monrning to start the Piccadilly line journey from King's Cross (adjacent to St P) or from Euston.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
670 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: hotels near Paddington station

You can save a few steps on your way to the Thistle by exiting Euston at the side, past the police office instead of leaving at the front and circling round.