We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

london heathrow to earls court

Dalry, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
london heathrow to earls court

a friend and i are coming down to london for the eurogamer expo and then a spot of sight seeing to see if its changed much from when i stayed there, and have been trying to work out the travelling, it seems easier and quicker flying to london heathrow and the getting the train out to earls court, but i am a bit confused, as one site says take the heathrow express and another says take the tube, and both have big differences in price as from what i can make out it says for the tube i would need zones 2-6 which would work out about £6. compared to £20 for heathrow express. anyone be able to help?

cheers dan

Likely To Sell Out
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle and Bath...
5,260 reviews
from US$126.70*
Likely To Sell Out
Making of Harry Potter Round-Trip...
458 reviews
from US$105.30*
Stonehenge, Windsor Castle, Bath...
2,086 reviews
from US$149.40*
Special Offer
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
464 reviews
from US$301.00*
US$334.40
Bingley, United...
Destination Expert
for Edinburgh
Level Contributor
33,574 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: london heathrow to earls court

Can't imagine why a website would say HEX for Earls Court. It's a simple ride down the Piccadilly Line from Heathrow to Earls Court.

So which website says that?

London
Level Contributor
140 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: london heathrow to earls court

Take the tube, the Piccadilly line (blue) takes you right into Earls Court, The Heathrow Express is faster but takes you into Paddington which is a couple of miles away.

Get your self an Oyster card at the station it's cheaper than buying single fares

Dalry, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: london heathrow to earls court

i meant people are saying on websites (cant remember exactly which ones now as been searching through lots of pages looking for hotels and transport) to get heathrow express thats what was confusing me as i have even been on the tfl planner page and they said the piccadilly line

Dalry, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: london heathrow to earls court

cheers oinkers, was looking at the oyster card but only staying a couple of days

London
Level Contributor
140 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: london heathrow to earls court

Hey Dan, depending on how much sightseeing you'll be doing it may still be worthwhile getting a card or at least a travelcard. I'm new to paying for public transport and it makes my wallet bleed when my cards run out and I have to pay out for a single fare, heres the price breakdown

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/14416.aspx

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
56,873 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: london heathrow to earls court

The TfL Journey Planner is a potential pitfall for those unfamiliar with London transport; it defaults to the HEX unless one unticks the box for Trains at the options page.

In any event, the HEX is not only one of the priciest rail journeys in the world but it is out of the way for Earl's Court

Have you decided where you are going to stay? If so then PAYG on Oyster will probably be a better choice than Travelcards as the daily cap will be a bit lower for journeys taken (zones travelled and whether peak or off peak).

Dalry, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: london heathrow to earls court

cheers for the replies been looking at a few places, one staying at earls court and the other being premier inn county hall, i mostly want to go to the london eye and i think my mate wants to see Buckingham palace houses of parliament etc, but it will mostly come down to time restraints. the whole oyster card is new to me as when i stayed there it was just a day travel card i used to buy for a couple of zones.

cheers dan

London
Level Contributor
140 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: london heathrow to earls court

County hall would put all your sights within walking distance but accommodation would be pricier than Earls Court and a change on the tube

Seattle
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: london heathrow to earls court

I'm going to be spending a week in London in June. I plan on taking the tube to Earls Court from Heathrow (staying at Nadler Kensington) and would like to know if anyone has any reasonably priced restaurant suggestions.

Kent, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
7,655 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: london heathrow to earls court

chinese food =Dragon Palace =Earls court road