We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I get my money back?

Which London hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
How do I get my money back?

I'm desperately trying to contact cityview apartments (http://www.cityviewapartments.org/) in london but they don't reply emails and I can't get through to their phone(s).

They cancelled my bookings in june and promised to refund but I have not got them and can't get to them. Its quite a lot of money, does anybody know what I can do?

Thanks a lot.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,914 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How do I get my money back?

With which method of payment did you use to pay them?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How do I get my money back?

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g186338-d322077…

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,032 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How do I get my money back?

If you paid by credit card contact your issuer, explain the situation and any records of contact you've tried making (emails preferably) and see if they can help by refunding the money.

If you paid cash (whether by bank transfer, wire, etc) you probably will not get any money back so may have to go for a Small Claims Court proceeding:

https:/…overview

Looks like a scam and/or incompetent company unfortunately.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
5,514 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How do I get my money back?

Not a scam, more likely illegal sub-letting of council property or no planning permission for short term lets.

Ask Tower Hamlets Council for advice,

Edited: 10 July 2013, 16:34
Sheffield, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: How do I get my money back?

I paid by debit card. Should i contact my bank?

Sheffield, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: How do I get my money back?

Their hotel is still being advertised though! If i was in london i'll visit personally but i'm not!

London
Level Contributor
140 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How do I get my money back?

That website stinks to me did a quick look up on the IP address and the website was created on 8/2/12.

The person that registered it is an Asif Ahmad, 34 Sweetpea Way, Cambridge, CB4 2ZA email asifzahmad71@gmail.com

I would first off send them a letter giving them 7 days to reply stating that if you don't get a refund you will take them to court for the money, then after the 7 days take out a county court claim against them. At least then you can try and get some money back.

If I get a chance I'll take a ride by a see if there is any life there

Good luck

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
102 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How do I get my money back?

I'm in the U.S. so this might not apply. If you use a debit card here with a credit card company logo on it i.e. Visa then that transaction is supposed to be protected the same way as if you used a Visa credit card. I would contact the bank first though like someone else suggested.

Sheffield, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: How do I get my money back?

Thanks so much for the advice and help!

i'll do as you suggested, email this Asif Ahmad. And speak to the bank.

I'll update once I get a reply and hopefully no one else book their hotel.

Harrow, United...
Destination Expert
for York
Level Contributor
8,185 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How do I get my money back?

Unfortunately unless things have change debit cards aren't usually covered (got ripped off on ebay a few years ago).

Before you sue him I'd double check he has assets to get your money back. If he's renting a place and has no or little assets then you'll just waste your £35 court fees (you can do small claims online now) and more if you instruct bailiffs.

I'd do as stated above and send a 14 day letter (google it) which is a pre court warning letter you post recorded delivery. It'll state you'll give him 14 days to retify the situation before you begin court action.